fireworks

my older dog wont bat an eyelid at fireworks,but my young bitch is shit scared of them i nearly lost her a couple of weeks ago when she ran off scared after hearing one in the distance,i reported her being missing to the police and asked were fireworks suppossed to be banned until bonfire night and the reply was they are.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see someone getting flattened tonight :boxing: I have PMT and a collie bitch about to pup, every time one of those fecking banger things goes off she is yelping and she never makes a sound normally :wallbash: I have just been up to the folk whos letting them off and let rip, I bet if I decided to make really loud fecking noises on some random night of the year outside their house they would have something to say about it, but no its okay cos as a nation we celebrate some stupid tradition which is basically glorifying terrorism? :doh: Ok so guy fawkes blew up the houses of parlaiment or whatever, that was a long fecking time ago get over it. If you want to do fireworks why cant you go away up a fecking mountain and set them off instead of in the middle of residential areas where people have pets :censored:

ahhhhh thats better :toast:

I can see someone getting flattened tonight :boxing: I have PMT and a collie bitch about to pup, every time one of those fecking banger things goes off she is yelping and she never makes a sound normally :wallbash: I have just been up to the folk whos letting them off and let rip, I bet if I decided to make really loud fecking noises on some random night of the year outside their house they would have something to say about it, but no its okay cos as a nation we celebrate some stupid tradition which is basically glorifying terrorism? :doh: Ok so guy fawkes blew up the houses of parlaiment or whatever, that was a long fecking time ago get over it. If you want to do fireworks why cant you go away up a fecking mountain and set them off instead of in the middle of residential areas where people have pets :censored:

ahhhhh thats better :toast:

MOAN MOAN MOAN .... :whistling:
  • 10 months later...
after buying some drops or tablets,do they really work and what do others reccomend?

Apparently my friends tried the plug in method, you plug the diffuser in for a week beofre and its meant to calm the dogs and it worked a little. Thankfully mine don't bat an eyelid as fireworks don't just happen on November 5th it seems to go on for weeks either side..........

Get the Sounds Scary CDs: play at gradually increasing volume from now on until 5th November. I've started already and my dogs are a lot better than they would normally be: start low volume, and don't forget to play the CDs in the evening too when it is dark and the time that fireworks would normally be let off.

http://www.soundsscary.com/

Also: get Scullcap and Valerian tablets from Dorwest Herbs. They really do work: plus they now do a liquid Valerian Compound.

Get the Sounds Scary CDs: play at gradually increasing volume from now on until 5th November. I've started already and my dogs are a lot better than they would normally be: start low volume, and don't forget to play the CDs in the evening too when it is dark and the time that fireworks would normally be let off.

http://www.soundsscary.com/

Also: get Scullcap and Valerian tablets from Dorwest Herbs. They really do work: plus they now do a liquid Valerian Compound.

thanks Skycat i will look into this as i know i will be at my wits end soon,

Higgins.

my dosey old spaniel knocked one over last year and it almost hit me so i gave her a good kicking

its not the heat its the speed and sound the thing makes when it hits the fence next too you

like being in a concorde engine

also did alot off damedge to the fence and would have killed me if id been standing a few feet to the right

Pity the firework didnt hit you in the head..if brains where dynamite you wouldnt have enough to blow your nose.. =@ =@

Only a complete idiot would be setting off fireworks with dogs running looses in the same area. And then to kick the dog...........???????????Words fail me! :no::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Well, I sincerely hope you are joking Will????????????? I had thought you were a decent young lad, but if this is a true statement then you should be thrown off this forum. If I had been there, you would have followed the firework through the bloody fence. Dogs and fireworks do not mix EVER.

my dosey old spaniel knocked one over last year and it almost hit me so i gave her a good kicking

its not the heat its the speed and sound the thing makes when it hits the fence next too you

also did alot off damedge to the fence and would have killed me if id been standing a few feet to the right

Pity the firework didnt hit you in the head..if brains where dynamite you wouldnt have enough to blow your nose.. =@ =@

Only a complete idiot would be setting off fireworks with dogs running looses in the same area. And then to kick the dog...........???????????Words fail me! :no::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Well, I sincerely hope you are joking Will????????????? I had thought you were a decent young lad, but if this is a true statement then you should be thrown off this forum. If I had been there, you would have followed the firework through the bloody fence. Dogs and fireworks do not mix EVER.

I TAKE MY DOGS TO THE CLAY GROUND SO ITS NOT THAT MUCH OF DEAL

I TAKE MY DOGS TO THE CLAY GROUND SO ITS NOT THAT MUCH OF DEAL

So do many other people X38, but they don't kick f**k out of the dog if it doesn't like the noise!!!

Guest little_lloyd

I was just out on the hill which looks over the valley my village lies in,, a few houses had them going of already,,, Farmhouse really close set a few of and my lurcher did not take any notice,, Still i fecking aint keen on them,.