Walter Lgu Vs Hw 77 /97

Just spotted the rewiew on the Walter lgu having never shouldered or even seen a Walter rifle does anyone own one and how do they stack up to the hw under leavers and the tx200

Have decided on underleaver syle as I think they would be slightly more accurate than break barrel also like the look of them particially thumbhole stock versions like the hw97k

I think its more a phsycological thing re break barrel vs underleaver as I have seen many break barrels that can put pellet on pellet but its the fact the barrel breaks in my brain that's just odd compared to the underleaver.

Having said that I learnt on a break barrel when I was a kid old BSA lightning I think it was and when I had it sussed out it was lovely and accurate.

Going on reputation alone, I'd go with the HW but with any rifle, GO AND TRY THEM FOR YOURSELF!

Only you will know what rifle is comfortable for you to use and every bit of wood is different so recoil patterns will not be the same for every rifle (assuming they're wooden stocked).

Different stock lengths and weights too, you need to see what sits well with yourself too, considering you have health issues- I'd highly recommend this.

White

• 1 month later...

14776812648_b65770bdea_m.jpg

Shot at 20 meters with LGU .177 first ten shots at bull to get eye in then a 6 shot group to the left.

Any rifle would be capable of that man... thats more your shooting than the LGU... :)

• Like 3

I've had all the guns you mention.

Currently have an LGU. It's better out of the box than most HWs but is let down by its trigger.

Don't get me wrong. The trigger is more than usable, but doesn't have the feel of the Rekord unit.

The stock is superior to the Weihrauchs though, and it's a smooth shooter straight from the box. Mine is a keeper. In fact I was so impressed with it, I also bought an LGV. I'm very happy with that too.

I still love Weihrauchs though, and will be getting another HW77k in the future as well as a 95 or 99. Another TX is also on my list.

There's a lot of brand loyalty on airgun forums, and lots of people dismiss the Walther out of hand because it's a Umarex product.

Me, I just love all good springers: Weihrauch, TX and Walther.

Whatever you get you'll be happy with, although a new Weihrauch will probably need a strip and relube. .

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all I have a walther lgu and to be honest straight out the box its magic !!! I have had pcp rifles and other underlevers weirauch and it really is as good and good value for money. Fairly heavy gun but keeps recoil too a minimum

• Like 2

Hi there have a look in air gun shooter magazine March 2015 the best new springer rifle award goes too the lgu fact !!!! Only the test of time will be if it can rock the others but I have too say mine is great very accurate looks good apart from the locking mechanism on the cocking lever apart from that I would thumbs up. Which ever of the three you go for I don't think you can go wrong as I had them all ! .

• 2 weeks later...