An Evening Fishing The Live Eels

fook me kev your keen I don't know as I`d give up a few hours on the beer with the lads on a day like today for a couple of small bass :whistling: -----look forward to seeing the photos at the side of that giant bucket :tongue2:

Don't you start Ffs lol

Well me and my mate went down, I had 2 fish in the first half hour ( one keeper one undersize)...

We could hear bands playing in the town, I know the landlord of the pub so it seemed rude not to take the waders off and have a quick beer in the sun lol...

Happy days lol

post-50738-0-73102600-1403471380_thumb.jpg

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tomorrow's tea..

Well they were lovely.. Spuds and mint from the garden and fish from the estuary down the road.. Don't get better than that..

The one I caught that was takeable 18" long.. My mates having it for tea cause he blanked...

Posted Images

You don't half live the life kev! Does it mater much about the state of tide where you fish? I only get 1.5hrs either side of high tide or walk a hell of of long way to fish the channel at low ;(

Haha, don't know about that mate, far too much time in work for my liking!

It can fish on the flood or ebb here mate, as the tide drops there is a large sandbank, that the recent storms made, this is on the seaward side of the estuary, you can wade out to it and fish the last couple if hours of the dropping tide and first couple hours of the flood. From the furthest point of the bank you can reach the channel easily, can be good.

Once you're off the bank I like to fish the back beach, facing up river, there's a few places along it that produces fish, also the other side of the estuary ( Shaldon side) is good, but if you haven't got live eels you'll struggle.

It's a good river for flounder too in the winter, the British record was from this river, I think it still is.

• Like 1

I think your Devon area though mate?

If your ever down this way give me a shout and we'll grab a couple of hours on the estuary!!

Devon!! Thats fighting talk over here in the shire :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, thanks for the offer its on my list to fish some live sandys, I am on a lure mission at the moment, its just seems to be a real lack of Bass. Tides are better next week, so its game on, hopefully.

• Like 1

next time you fish the teign give me a shout bud. . or if you fancy having a go on the dart with lures ill show you a couple of good marks. ;)

Thanks mate I will..

Got a mad few weeks now then away for 2 weeks in Guernsey ( hoping to catch a few out there)

Will be grabbing the odd evening though so I'll drop you a pm