Final Tally Of The Evening

Well all in all no double figure but 9 in total. My mates hawk will be happy and a few ales for me in return. Happy hunting. Oh and my mate shot 1 and I got the 8. Think he needs a bit more practise, trouble is I have the range finder in my pocket an absolute must I think for rabbit shooting. post-41413-0-85081900-1403162768.jpgpost-41413-0-85081900-1403162768.jpg

• Like 3

Mate, range finders are great, but not a must (For the newbies on here). There are plenty of ways to learn to range find, I always picture the zero range and work from there. It is a skill no doubt, but over the last 12 months I've gone from being 10-15 yrds out on estimations, to being 2-5 yrds out now (working out to 50 yrds).

Just so the newbies don't go splurging cash on range finders....unelss you have it spare, don't worry, just practice walking down the street...estimate the distance to object and pace it out...you'll soon enough learn how to gauge distances....then try it in the dark hahaha!

Great bag mind!

Mate, range finders are great, but not a must (For the newbies on here). There are plenty of ways to learn to range find, I always picture the zero range and work from there. It is a skill no doubt, but over the last 12 months I've gone from being 10-15 yrds out on estimations, to being 2-5 yrds out now (working out to 50 yrds).

Just so the newbies don't go splurging cash on range finders....unelss you have it spare, don't worry, just practice walking down the street...estimate the distance to object and pace it out...you'll soon enough learn how to gauge distances....then try it in the dark hahaha!

Great bag mind!

I been shooting for a long time and still use a range finder . To be 5 yards out could be a miss or even worse a wound ,so you newbies buy one ,I think it a must item in your gun kit and it will teach you ranges as well. Walking down a street is ok but in a open field or a small permission things can look further away or nearer than you think . Over time you will learn ranges and you can use your scope as a range finder as well, which is a very good way to range find.

Good shooting lads :thumbs:

Edited by villaman

The range finder I have is a bushnell pin seeker designed for the local plus four wearing gentleman. But it's spot on accurate. I use it when I think my target is around the 50 yard mark as I know with the side parallax on my scope (mtc mamba lite) is spot on. Shot one of the rabbits at 67 yards head shot straight down. And yes my hw is running at 11.5ft lb with jsb exacts 4.52. Shoot lovely through my barrel. Will get a pick up of the one I shot at 67 just for pellet placement. You will be impressed.

• Like 1

Yes I was just curious as to someone using a rangefinder with an air rifle, dont need one myself ( I use rimmies) but if it works for him then that's fine as I know the drop is substantial but then range is limited depending on the power of footpounds as an output.

Had a couple of corkers a day or two ago and one was through the brainpan at 145yrds....best shot I've made this year and as you can tell I'm well chuffed and can't wait til tomorrow for another crack.