Breeders .....why Get Upset ......?

When did the "Culture" of not selling,the Big Taboo !! start..All the old fellas' I Knew or Know would sell stock ,even to mates..

More likely a Favour Done and claimed..Render my wall,fix my chimney ,I'll see you alright for a Pup..kind of Deal :D

Don't see anything wrong in it ...AS Long as Porkies are NOT involved...is that were the Trouble starts..? IMO. :yes:

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with genuine people selling a few surplus stock. Its when they breed just to sell it gets a bit naughty,but if you are wanting to start and you dont know anyone you will be glad to see an advert. Terriers are probably the hardest thing to breed right and even harder to buy!!

I think its down to the lads that live in small villages and dig with a small group of mates that cannot comprehend why we sell pups, I live in a large town like most people in Britain and choose to sell any surplus pups to who I wish once my mates are sorted, we all charge a fair price for a well bred pup, you only have to look on the pet websites to see the sh*t pretending to be jack russells, etc, that sell for up to 500 pounds, the only way most youngsters get started is by buying from a known source and that means paying, without the demand there would be no supply, I was gifted a pup by Brian Nuttall years ago and have seen him give well bred pups away to lads he likes or trusts but he sells the rest as it costs money to live,most will willingly pay for quality, WM

• Like 6

I think its down to the lads that live in small villages and dig with a small group of mates that cannot comprehend why we sell pups, I live in a large town like most people in Britain and choose to sell any surplus pups to who I wish once my mates are sorted, we all charge a fair price for a well bred pup, you only have to look on the pet websites to see the sh*t pretending to be jack russells, etc, that sell for up to 500 pounds, the only way most youngsters get started is by buying from a known source and that means paying, without the demand there would be no supply, I was gifted a pup by Brian Nuttall years ago and have seen him give well bred pups away to lads he likes or trusts but he sells the rest as it costs money to live,most will willingly pay for quality, WM

must be the beginning of the end... i agree with you WM :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 2

Haven't been online since my last post yesterday in the "other" thread so don't know the reason why it's gone to be honest.

Anyway,no need to call out names who does it or not and it's not about selling the odd pup as everybody needs to start somewere, it's about those who peddle for coin and fame.

Have heard all the excuses to justify there peddle actions but the fact is they love the coin and in the end they peddle shit and loads of shit and if you're doing it only for the coin you're doing it for the wrong reason imo but each to there own.

• Like 1

ffs time to change the record ----be good to see some decent terrier threads instead of reading the same old shite about either dead or old terriermen selling dogs,,,,in the last week or so theres been threads about bert gripton,ken gould, and brian nuttall, selling terriers ---so what it went/goes on terriers don't just come out of thin air people do sell them there not all gifted from mates .,,

• Like 6

yes we know everyone sells pups, just thought that these famous terriermen would not need to advertise, plus when joe blogs tries to sell pups on this site their shot down in flames and called all sorts. whats the difference in said terriermen to joe blogs?

There are far too many people wanting something for nothing nowadays . If i have to buy in a terrier i'm quite happy to do so, if that's what needs to be done. If somebody with surplus stock wants to sell off a terrier or two, good luck to 'em. It aint cheap rearing a healthy litter of pups. As long as the breeder plans on keeping a pup to "better" his stock i personaly don't see a problem with moving on pups for a few £££.

• Like 1

yes we know everyone sells pups, just thought that these famous terriermen would not need to advertise, plus when joe blogs tries to sell pups on this site their shot down in flames and called all sorts. whats the difference in said terriermen to joe blogs?

Brian Nuttall has got more sense than to advertise on here. Too many invisible critics that have been in the game many many hours in some cases.

if you wanted to buy a pup from nuttall would you know his phone number ... like if you needed a plumber would you just happen to know his number...