Tried to add this to GTEs thread but can't find it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/10876199/D-Day-veteran-89-parachutes-into-Normandy-again.html#source=refresh

What a boy! 90 this year and still jumping!

Just look at that picture of him, maroon beret, aviators and medals spanning half his chest!

Even at 89 he still has an intimidating look about him....

• Like 7

Good for him . I'm sure he will enjoy his day.

Aye few year there be none of them left either.

Cabt be anyone left alive from the first war

I was thinking the same mate, but couldn't quite bring myself to type it. :thumbs:

Good read that born ,,,what a fecking tuff life he lead,,, makes, me realise how lucky I have been,, two loving parents ,brought up in a sleepy little village,,,piece of piss compared to his

• Like 3

Good for him . I'm sure he will enjoy his day.

Aye few year there be none of them left either.

Cabt be anyone left alive from the first war

I was thinking the same mate, but couldn't quite bring myself to type it. :thumbs:

Yeh ,,,just a few years ago the last Great War ventrans died,,,, and already second war veterans are in there late 80,s and 90 s

Good read that born ,,,what a fecking tuff life he lead,,, makes, me realise how lucky I have been,, two loving parents ,brought up in a sleepy little village,,,piece of piss compared to his

:yes:

Raised in an orphanage, first bit of action he saw was dropping into Normandy on D-Day with the Paras, then post war served with the Special Air Service. Baptism of fire eh.

juno..Canadian indian rock cairn... remember a lot of these boys went ashore wearing there traditional war paint..

from this bunker on the clffs at Omaha..the beast of Omaha [german] killed/wounded between 2/3 thousand troops..

post-945-0-28664500-1401969557_thumb.jpg

post-945-0-17345300-1401969800_thumb.jpg

post-945-0-95123400-1401970278_thumb.jpg

post-945-0-17325600-1401970328_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

His commander had a hunting horn lol

Still quite sharp for his age.

yeh :laugh: great old bloke , they seem a different breed to us of today don't they :yes:

Sure do mate,brings a tear to my eye don't mind admitting it. Reminds me of my dear old grandad 4ft nothing hardest man ive ever known in lots of aspects, he was in Belsin concentration camp etc hard cruel life 11/2 legs and 11/2 arms was still poaching/bushing right up til he sadly passed :cray: If i could become half the man some of these folks were id be a proud man :yes:

• Like 1

His commander had a hunting horn lol

Still quite sharp for his age.

yeh :laugh: great old bloke , they seem a different breed to us of today don't they :yes:

Sure do mate,brings a tear to my eye don't mind admitting it. Reminds me of my dear old grandad 4ft nothing hardest man ive ever known in lots of aspects, he was in Belsin concentration camp etc hard cruel life 11/2 legs and 11/2 arms was still poaching/bushing right up til he sadly passed :cray: If i could become half the man some of these folks were id be a proud man :yes:

sound's like great old bloke :thumbs: