Lurcher For The Southe East Us

hi eveone my name is.jon.and.i was hopin someone mit know answer to some things I need I am thinking about geting a lurcher for fox.and.coyote hunting for.2 reasons I have always thout the old ways.of.hunting should not die and a.lot my.people are scotch and irish and it would be great to hunt like they did but here what I need to ask.what.x could worke I been told everthing from a collie to a pitbull to.a.airdel the land.is.hill.countu with.a.lot.of.trees.so.what.would you all.say for that land and.kind.of game thinks

God knows never hunted coyotes or in your country so i have no idea try asking a few folks from your country some of the names mentioned above you will get loads of experts on here that have never hunted coyotes or in your country dont listen to them listen to folks that have and do it regular :laugh:

thinks what I should have said was what kind could you all see beabl to take game that can bit we mostl hunt trial hound or stil hunt I was looking for a.dog.that could go in and put one on the ground aftere it was jumped

Edwards and Stuntman hunt open ground. Even so, I'll bet if you put them here in the woods for a season they would have it figured out. I've been hunting a couple of straight stags just like your talking. After the trailhounds get them running I just intercept them with the stags and they can definitely do the job in the woods. I wouldn't say every stag has the qualities necessary to run a coyote down in the woods but some do. I have two that are doing it now. In addition, they will jump a hot one on their own and do the same. They don't always catch in the woods or at least not near as much as in the open but when the coyotes been pushed hard and a bit tired, they'll smoke 'em most of the time.

Give me a call if you want to chat. There aren't that many guys doing this in the woods and I'm having enough success that it's making me wonder why. A mixed pack of running dogs and stags is a killer combo.

Dan

507-261-9121

• Like 1

I'm wanting to respond and to put up a couple of pictures but some pencil head changed the way you do that.

Beast- Their doing really well. I'll put up some stuff when I get this crap figured out.

NickF- I don't think Salukis would do well up here in the North. Maybe in a cross but just try and wrestle one of those fat ladies that have them for a breeding (the dogs I mean). I don't see it happening.

x