What Breeds Do You Think Are In My Lurcher?

This is my 4 year old Lurcher.

I have always wondered what might be in him, particularly cause of his large bunny-like ears lol

He stands at 26 and a half inches to the shoulder and is quite active and fast! He has yet to match a dog that can outrun him. His ears aren't permanently erect, he pins them back when running and when relaxed, they are only up when he is alert.

I found him as a puppy, he was about 5 weeks old and abandoned in a field. He was covered in mange and fleas, and has since come a long way!

If anyone has any insight on what he may be, please let me know! I would love to hear your opinions!

post-95205-0-66474200-1401633222_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It was by complete chance too!

Was walking by a field where people dump rubbish and the like, heard crying and had to go investigate, poor thing was a bag of bones and being eaten alive. Now he is a loveable dope and a fantastic hunter! :-)

I presume he may have been deliberately dumped there, maybe a runt or just not up to standards! No one came forward for him so he's all mine now :-)

• Like 1

It was by complete chance too!

Was walking by a field where people dump rubbish and the like, heard crying and had to go investigate, poor thing was a bag of bones and being eaten alive. Now he is a loveable dope and a fantastic hunter! :-)

I presume he may have been deliberately dumped there, maybe a runt or just not up to standards! No one came forward for him so he's all mine now :-)

maybe you were the lucky break the we dog deserved after being dumped as a we pup, god works in mysterious ways
  • Like 2