I can see why you've posted it Matt but reading the story how much of it is lies ? ,"multiple shots to the head and body " when one shot to the head would of been enough to kill it :hmm: . When the rspca are involved it seems a story is 20% truth and 80% made up just to grab people's attention.

• Like 1

I can see why you've posted it Matt but reading the story how much of it is lies ? ,"multiple shots to the head and body " when one shot to the head would of been enough to kill it :hmm: . When the rspca are involved it seems a story is 20% truth and 80% made up just to grab people's attention.

I agree.

The RSPCA have a habit of sensationalising stuff like this as much as they can....... the reason is simple; they want the public to give them money and think of them as the 'animal police'.

The reason I posted it was to highlight the fact that whilst catapult hunting is pretty much under the radar of the antis, it's only a matter of time before they pick it up and start campaigning.

Whoever that gang of lads were, and whatever they did or didn't do, it's pretty obvious that they have done the catapult hunting world no favours :no:

Keep it legal and sensible and none of this would have happened.

What people do not realise is that every bird in this country is protected by law. The general licence allows for the shooting of certain species of birds as long as certain criteria is met. If that criteria is not met then shooting birds is illegal, even the species that come under the general licence. Be that with a shotgun or catapult.

TC

• Like 2

i think the point is the perception to the public

I agree.

The RSPCA have a habit of sensationalising stuff like this as much as they can....... the reason is simple; they want the public to give them money and think of them as the 'animal police'.

The reason I posted it was to highlight the fact that whilst catapult hunting is pretty much under the radar of the antis, it's only a matter of time before they pick it up and start campaigning.

Whoever that gang of lads were, and whatever they did or didn't do, it's pretty obvious that they have done the catapult hunting world no favours :no:

Keep it legal and sensible and none of this would have happened.

:thumbs:

What people do not realise is that every bird in this country is protected by law. The general licence allows for the shooting of certain species of birds as long as certain criteria is met. If that criteria is not met then shooting birds is illegal, even the species that come under the general licence. Be that with a shotgun or catapult.

TC

Spices......... :laugh:

• Like 1

What people do not realise is that every bird in this country is protected by law. The general licence allows for the shooting of certain species of birds as long as certain criteria is met. If that criteria is not met then shooting birds is illegal, even the species that come under the general licence. Be that with a shotgun or catapult. TC

Spices......... :laugh:
I just knew YOU would!!!

Moral of the story....

Pick it up and feed it to the ferrets instead of leaving it for some do gooder to pick up....

......or make sure they don't see you in the first place ......................... :whistling:

• Like 1