Whippet X Or Small Lurcher

Nobby, you mention not wanting a beddyXwhippet because they can be stubbern, i,v read this too but havent experienced it first hand, at present i have a 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy bitch, she,s not 2 untill october and is the first running dog i,v had with any beddy blood in it, she,s an absolute pleasure to have around, not stubbern at all and as loving as they come [although a male might be a different kettle of fish] great in the field for her age and very cleaver if you stand back and take the time to watch her do her thing, great in the house too, if she doesnt know you you wouldnt get in the house with out one of us being there, she,s not nasty just knows that strangers dont walk in. as i,v said iam not too experienced with beddy blood but upto now i like what i,v seen, someone with more experience than me with beddy cross's might have something to add, atb with what ever you choose, buster.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great advice lads thanks. I'm only after one ATM purely as my warden em I mean wife will be easier to deal with. I've had ex racing greyhounds before just as pets and thoroughly love the breed but the

To be fair, on the house dog front. I've got a lurcher, whippet and terrier in the house these days, and most of my friends have a variety of lurcher, and other working dogs, living in and they do all

the young lads do it all the time round hear i got asked 3 times last week if they could use one of my dogs as stud i refused the simple fact i don't want my dogs breeding to the shit they have it wil

Posted Images

Its alot of piss the stubbern thing had beddy crosses for alot of years got 2 males and there great we dogs one is the most cleverest dog ive ever owned in the 37 years of keeping lurchers

Do you not find them more "terrier like" than "lurcher like" in temperament? That's what I've found with the few I have seen or worked with.

My we bitch is the way she works doesnt miss much and checks every inch of the ground she works the other 2 just the same as any lurcher ive owned maybe just a we bit more aggressive as in bont feck about good post you put up earlier gaz about the pup

i do like whippets but i also like a little hight and bull so chose my self a bull whip grey...only thing is i dident get the hight pmsl...

not that am bothered,a joy to own,good in the house but rips f**k out the yard....started of timid but now shes a little f****r,full of beans.

post-41682-0-08379000-1401271895_thumb.jpg

post-41682-0-84614100-1401271928_thumb.jpg

post-41682-0-63343300-1401272138_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My we bitch is the way she works doesnt miss much and checks every inch of the ground she works the other 2 just the same as any lurcher ive owned maybe just a we bit more aggressive as in bont feck about good post you put up earlier gaz about the pup

Fair play mate. They obviously suit you. You always speak highly of the little beddy lurchers.

Its alot of piss the stubbern thing had beddy crosses for alot of years got 2 males and there great we dogs one is the most cleverest dog ive ever owned in the 37 years of keeping lurchers

i have had one what was hard to get back on the lamp i put that down to stubbornness and the other one i had would do everything i trained him to do maybe the 1st one was poor training on my part ?? But i was new to the game when i got that dog

i have had one what was hard to get back on the lamp i put that down to stubbornness and the other one i had would do everything i trained him to do maybe the 1st one was poor training on my part ?? But i was new to the game when i got that dog

think i would just call that a slow learner nothing to do with being stubbern think people get mixed up with there high prey drive jmo

think i would just call that a slow learner nothing to do with being stubbern think people get mixed up with there high prey drive jmo
he certainly had a high pray dive lol

Well I've taken on board what you guys have said and been very grateful for your input. I have a whippet x grey Arriving tomorrow just under a year old. As I said I've had greys before and love them. He stands 24 tts and looks lovely. If he doesn't want to work then I have a nice pet for the kids. Gonna work on his retrieve and recall for a month or so ( he already has the basics) then see what he is like with some furries Infront of him on my permissions. If I wasn't renting then it would have been a pup but can't risk the chewing. Will keep you posted and get some pics up once he has settled in.

I like to watch my bitch use that gland in the top of her mouth to locate rabbits, she,ll stand there with her jaw dropped open and her head in the air tasteing the air untill she's sure were it is, if something edible is coming towards her she,ll drop to the floor untill its in strikeing distance or is as close as its going to get, stalks if needs be, works to hand signals [to some extent] if theres just me and her out, all traits i love to see in a rabbit dog, her biggest fault is her hatred of cats, i,v tried since she was a pup to get her used to them but short of beating it out of her [which i wont do] iam at a loss, looking forward to the winter with her.

I see you,v posted while i was typeing this Nobby, i,ll leave it on now has it might be of intrest to someone thinking about a beddy cross, good luck with the Grew mate.

Edited by buster gonads

Iyd say a small lurcher colliexwhippet or beddyxwhippet, pure whippets are nice to have around the house, easy maintenance, v fast and easy to train, very loving too, soo loyal, but damn there refusal to please csn be irritable, as far as a good dog that will catch rabbit goes there bang on, but for a good return after, make sure u get a bitch to have any kind of retrieval, as the males are hard work. Just my experience atb