Recycling And Frugal Living - Any Tips?

I don't do as much as I'd like, but I now grow all my own herbs now, which I use on a weekly basis in the kitchen.....

I'm also growing my own weed for the first time, outside........which is nice....

As long as you don't tell anyone, there's nothing to worry about .......................

• Like 3

I am Mr 'That'll come in handy' ! Better to re-use, re-purpose and up-cycle (hate those words !), than to send it miles in a lorry ! Better still, try not to use it in the first place - my Mum leaves all the fruit and veg packaging at the checkout ! :laugh:

Just a few of my efforts.................

I home-brew beer from cheap kits, and make wine from wild fruits. Also make a bit of wine from cheap shop-bought ingredients (carrots, root ginger, parsnips etc) that are short-dated and being sold off for pennies.

We've got a 'stock box' in the freezer, where we keep old bones to boil up for gravy,stews and soups. If the stock isn't used straight away, that gets frozen, too.

I grow as much veg as possible, even in my small, paved garden - all my planters are made from recycled pallet wood, and I start seeds in old yoghurt pots, egg containers or cardboard tubes from toilet rolls.

I've got a pot full of re-useable screws that others might have thrown away, and a good few clean, straight bits of left-over wood (no log burner, sadly !)

I once built a 10ft square shed/cabin entirely from re-cycled timber and salvaged window panes

The list goes on ...............................but i don't switch the gas off to turn the bacon over (any more !) :laugh:

Similar to me, except I'm forever foraging for firewood...

Would love to see some pictures of the shed :yes:

It was at our old house, but I might have some tucked away - even if it's only in the background............................

• Like 1

Due to me changing job so I can spend more time with my little girl , I run 50/50 veg oil diesel in my car , grow as much veg as I can , grow on my own chickens for the table , I eat as much game as I can , some good tips on here keep it up

• Like 1
  • 9 years later...