Being absaloutly useless with anything mechanical, just thought I'd ask your opinions on the older freelander... I've the opportunity to buy a freelander commercial "w" reg, just for taking the mutts out and stuff like that.

Are they as bad as I've been told?

All opinions greatfully received .

Cheers, matt

Don't do it.....for the love of god....DON'T DO IT. :shok:

Haven't had one myself because my psychiatrist talked me out of it :laugh: but a couple of my mates have and they've spent almost every weekend fixing the things instead of driving them.

From what I've seen, unless you're handy with the spanners, it's not the choice for you.

Just my experience. :thumbs:

2001 onwards are better still have bother with wheel sensors for abs etc I have the 1.8 petrol great too drive plenty room and it dose 200 miles around town for 20 quid fuel

You driving about at 5mph??

• Like 3

So that's roughly 60-65mpg on a petrol Freelander.....around town. So that would go up on motorways??

2001 onwards are better still have bother with wheel sensors for abs etc I have the 1.8 petrol great too drive plenty room and it dose 200 miles around town for 20 quid fuel

You driving about at 5mph??

Pushing the f***ing thing...... :laugh:

try looking up the mpg online most of my driving is 30mph to 50mph the millage I said is when the garage price per litre is 1.30 I always put 20 quid in and reset the trip mileage

If that's what you get mate am no doubting ye....I just find that amazing driving 4x4 a lot. I checked online and a forum came up first. 30mpg looks about the most folk get on the 1.8. But if your getting 60mpg then lucky you.

Do you work at the bottom of a hill...?( joke)

Hi Lab no but my journeys are short down to the young lads nursery and back twice a day then shopping in Dundee once a fortnight the freelander will drink the fuel quicker if you boot it more and don't keep the tyre pressure the same in all the wheels they are under powered for the size of motor