Best Bushing, Ratting And Ferreting Terrier

Thinking about getting a terrier to take out with my lurchers and go ratting with. I currently have two beddy lurchers however they can be on the big side when mooching and often struggle getting into the thick, therefore I think having a terrier in the pack would help. I also have always fancied ratting and I have plenty of rats on my permission. For this type of work what would you lads recommend as I don't want a terrier that will go to ground. I like the look of the Lakeland, however I was thinking a Bedlington terrier or a plummer may be better, as I know lakelands like to work under ground as well.

I didn't read it all, if you don't want it to go to ground dont get a terrier simple. Get yourself a beagle x or something along them lines.

Did think about a cocker, however I want a dog to take ratting too. surely I can get a terrier that wont go to ground and just rats.

Edited by pegstaff

I didn't read it all, if you don't want it to go to ground dont get a terrier simple. Get yourself a beagle x or something along them lines.

Did think about a cocker, however I want a dog to take ratting too. surely I can get a terrier that wont go to ground and just rats.

all terriers that will exell at ratting - bushing are liable to go to ground. its sods law .

• Like 1