Pics Of Your Bushing Dogs

started taking him out with the runners from 12 weeks short walks and would reward him if he followed his nose in for a look, I think my lucky break was he caught a myxomatosis bunny when he went in at about 3-4 months old and that was the turning point for him, he had abit of a set back this summer when he went through a wasps nest, that really rocked him as he thought I was causing the pain he was experiencing, where I take him their is a lot of cattle so if he isn't being chased by wasps its electric fences, that really upsets him, but the thought of catching something usually wins in the end.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more of ours     first pic sire and dam in middle with 2 pups either side second pic mother middle pups either side

fell/russell/beagle/bull... . are some folk trying to reinvent the wheel.            

Old pic I have .1980 ish 

Posted Images

I have 2 patts 5 months plummer 4 months and a jack russel 3 month so was out this morning for there first hunt only 2 of them entered mate ?

If you could take them somewhere that you know is holding bunnys it would get them all on the go for you.

The russell and choc patt do but they all have a interest of chasing wat they can I would expect them to atleast have slight interest but they dont the black pat acts like a lurcher walking up and downike shes waiting for something?!!

So you have 4 terrier pups under 6 months if I am reading this right, going to be hard to control them all if working them together so young without the lesd off some older dogs IMO. Can you not get them out with some older dogs that know the score. They are young pups at the end of the day, but if there is plenty of game around I would expect them to have a look. Problem might be stopping them huntig up when they do click, I have found young pups can be overly competitive and start to stray further afield rather than working as a pack. Just my experience atb

Well done for nailing the recall at this stage but they are young pups at he end of the day. It may be a whole different ball game when they are 9 months and the hormones kick in. As said I would be looking to get them out with working dogs, ideally not all together but that may be tricky with 4 I guess. Enjoy them as pups though cause they grow up quickly atb

Well done for nailing the recall at this stage but they are young pups at he end of the day. It may be a whole different ball game when they are 9 months and the hormones kick in. As said I would be looking to get them out with working dogs, ideally not all together but that may be tricky with 4 I guess. Enjoy them as pups though cause they grow up quickly atb

• Like 1