8 Weeks - 2 Years

Well my first lurcher pup sky is know nearly at the two year mark and can say she has taught me alot more than I thought her !! She has done what I wanted and more shes 23 tts and colliegrey deergrey x colliebullgrey no big names just honest worker to worker !! She worked day and night ferreting lamping hunting the hill worked with hounds !! Shot and retrieved couple photos from then and now

61DB0F2F-6F59-4569-91B3-180790A93DFE-702

099497EB-6628-4705-B681-58B4925EB480-245

AB451771-F945-4A40-B822-2B3EEB518360-849

20130614_192652.jpg

20130731_122242.jpg

20140319_165859.jpg

• Like 16

The most important thing with any dog is that the owner is happy with it, it builds a good relationship and a better team. Mind it's easier to be happy with a decent dog :thumbs: with a bit of luck you have a few good years with her now!

• Like 1

:thumbs:What a nice friendly wee thread to switch onto...

Good to hear a young man, extolling the virtues of his canine pal,..without going overboard... :yes:

When all is said and done,...and all the game we take, is either sold or consumed,...our dogs, are just, our dogs and we should make the most of them, for as long as we can...My lurchers are kept like cosseted pets,...I enjoy having them around, and would still have a whole bunch of fireside mutts and pot lickers ,.monging around the back yard,.even if I never caught another rabbit,..and I don't catch many :laugh:

A life with lurchers, eh... :thumbs:

File0053.jpg

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 7

Thanks phil !!

she does me fine nothing more I enjoy just me here and my little beagle x catching a few rabbits its not a numbers game for me purely enjoyment

Thanks lads !! Will hopefully have a night or two next season so I can see how far she will go on the bunnies like I said im not a numbers man but be nice to see how many she can do !!

A nice hardy type of jukel, thats what its all about you and your dog, enjoy your times, Phil said it straight, its not about numbers, enjoy seeing a good dog work, and the wonder, How did he manage that one,you give him 100% and he will give you more in return,

• Like 1