Shooting Gloves...

Hello forum members.

I was wondering what the thoughts were towards shooting gloves, particularly on the leading hand, when using springers? Ive got myself a lovely HW98, having made the jump back from PCP and what a great move it was as Im enjoying my shooting much more with feedback from the rifle. Nice feedback too.

Anyway, do many use them with regard taking the edge of the kick slightly? Do they help with consistency when shooting? I notice a few chaps at the club using them with their 97's TX's etc and though I'd pose the question with the members here. I could of course give it ago, but wondered your thoughts?

Nice one.

* Edit: Apologies. I have found a post about it in other places.

Edited by Rez

What are you man , girl or gay ? :laugh: :laugh: Really men don't ware gloves only gays

Or those who have Daystates, I believe they are of the pink marigold variety :laugh:

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 2

I use a pair of black leather gloves and a face-veil hood for shooting and wouldn't be seen dead on a hunting foray without them. Cushions the rifle forestock nice and snug as it rests on the palm of my leading hand and gives a lot of control. Also, human flesh appears as very bright to most animals eyesight, even in shade and your face and hands are a dead giveaway unless you cover them. :thumbs:

• Like 3

Mechanix gloves are so highly recommended over in the US, even the navy seals use them. However, if you're using an air rifle, you'll probably not need them to take the recoil or anything like that.

Sit the stock tighter into your shoulder to remove more recoil.

To be totally fair, I'm with Pianoman in that if I'm hunting outdoors (as opposed to in a barn ratting) I will use something to cover my skin tones. But I'd not go with anything shiney...for obvious reasons. Huge fan of the textured gloves made by Jack Pyke and Deer Hunter. Not the highest quality, but there's something novel about having weird leaves on the backs of your hands...very entertaining.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use a pair of black leather gloves and a face-veil hood for shooting and wouldn't be seen dead on a hunting foray without them. Cushions the rifle forestock nice and snug as it rests on the palm of my leading hand and gives a lot of control. Also, human flesh appears as very bright to most animals eyesight, even in shade and your face and hands are a dead giveaway unless you cover them. :thumbs:

Well looks like I must be be the only Gay in the village lol, but I'm with Villaman on this one, for zeroing and general plinking the marigolds stay indoors but I use a pair of olive green neoprene gloves when I'm on the ground that allows my finger and thumb to be exposed. You ever tried feeding a pellet in a barrel with gloves on? damn nigh impossible. just for good measure I have my ghillie glove wraps on as well (just like my pic :ninja: ).