Dankung toucan....

Tbh gnasher.... Yes,some catapults suit some people....but it ain't the catty what makes you accurate...

a gamekeeper chunky milbro is a perfect catapult to start with....

You need to stick to one frame... And shoot and shoot it... And don't think that it's the frame what's not working.... It's you... Or something about your shooting...

It could be something very simple...

And use steel ammo... Stones are inconsistent... Some people can shoot Em.... Some

Can't....

oh no i accept a good workman dont blame his tools im absolutely useless at the moment just wondered if a change of type might help a little........must admit ive been practising with stones maybe thats not a good idea......cheers.

Relax gnash....... I've got 2 style/types and I'm just as shite with either........

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Far be it from me to get in the middle of yous debate.........but regardless of the rights and wrongs thats some shooting well done that man very impressive.

That's kind of the beauty of the catty.   Can stop the car at the side of the road, bag a woody for the pot and be on your way. No one bats an eyelid.   That's the way it should stay.

Aye all good mate cheers, had baby at 10 past 1 this morn an both home now relaxing

Dankung toucan....

Tbh gnasher.... Yes,some catapults suit some people....but it ain't the catty what makes you accurate...

a gamekeeper chunky milbro is a perfect catapult to start with....

You need to stick to one frame... And shoot and shoot it... And don't think that it's the frame what's not working.... It's you... Or something about your shooting...

It could be something very simple...

And use steel ammo... Stones are inconsistent... Some people can shoot Em.... Some

Can't....

oh no i accept a good workman dont blame his tools im absolutely useless at the moment just wondered if a change of type might help a little........must admit ive been practising with stones maybe thats not a good idea......cheers.

Relax gnash....... I've got 2 style/types and I'm just as shite with either........

:D ......I dont like to be beaten by these things...................but i really am terrible .........must be the stones :whistling:

Use ball bearings or marbles or bullet heads or hex nuts or bits of cut metal bar. They'll all be more accurate than stones. Stones are all different size and weights. Even 2 identically shaped stones can be different weights and fly differently.

If you really struggle and are ever near Croydon or the Surrey/Sussex borders I'll meet up with you and we can sort out what frame and bands suit you best.

• Like 2

Thats very decent of you mate i,ll keep it in mind much obliged :thumbs: .....So far ive smashed a shed window,almost decapitated a bloke playing golf and all but destroyed my thumb joint.............and i havent even left my back garden yet !............But i,ll get there in the end.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3

only thing i seem to hit with stones are my hand. plus for the time it takes to find the more suitable ones you might aswell just cast lead. what setup you using at the minute gnasher?

I had this off BPR a few months back......nothing wrong with it.............i just cant do it :D

cat_zps45b6ac74.jpg

• Like 1

Im not sure mate i have got big clumsy hands which dont help but a big problem i have is getting the ammo to travel through the forks rather than clipping them ( or my hand ).................ive tried gripping it sideways and straight up it makes no difference.................and now because ive hit my hands so many times im being a bit of a sissy about fully committing to drawing it right back !...............In some ways i wish it was a bit bigger as my hands are already f****d :D

Try using a TTF catty gnasher, I couldn't shoot a milbro like you got for shit when I first started so I started using a TTF catty, I find it much more accurate, plus no fork hits or hand slaps hers one I made that I use . 937D9E49-B706-45B9-AC16-30FE0CAD81FE.jpg 8BD82D01-5FD5-4C85-A37A-B41557AE7586.jpg

391A44E5-C003-4D76-84D7-77C8FC2D90D7.jpg

• Like 1