Easter Sunday

spent the day cleaning up my shed and ferret hutch, all nicely refreshed, clean shavings put down, fresh bedding, so today, decided to take out the ferret with my dog for a mooch, the ferret likes a dip in the small puddles of rainwater in the fields . she loves it, anyways Nell marked this log pile, so i popped in the ferret, i waited and waited , no ferret, Nell started digging and chewing at one particular spot, she really was going for it, she even got a small wound on top of her head, on top of the pile she went, whining as she went, then back to the same sot for another dig, id like to think she was looking for her working pal, but suppose it was the bunny, so i got stuck in, tree trunks i had to shift sweat was pouring out of me, i was in direct sun, sure enough she was right, within minutes, i found my pal, eye ripped out, and wound marks to the throat, cant begin to tell you how i feel, she was a cracking worker and friend, never once bit me, or even tried, cant bring myself to go down into my shed now, im thinking rats, or stoat, i dunno, i was only playing with her this morning, doing her silly type ferret dance, so thats, a working dog, i bred, and now my ferret died in the field, i must be getting old or summat, but its hit me hard

Sorry to hear that. Similar happened to a mate of mine last year, luckily his Jill survived but he thinks it was a stoat attack. Made a real old mess.

Nice offer from hot meat.

As you know I'm only up the road if he's too far to travel, I've bred my best Jill this year to keep a couple of Jill's back but you're welcome to come and take one or two away. They will be handled by my daughter as soon as their eyes open, no biters here.

All the best.

• Like 3

Gaz, and hotmeat, cant thank you enough for the offer of a kit from you both, :thumbs: but ive been promissed a couple of kits off a mate, i was given a hob today, big lad he is, :laugh: gets him home, and had a romp on the garden with him, fek me what a time i had, went to get him out the hutch, arched back, fur stood on end, lips quivering, and the b*****d struck, straight through my thumg nail, bloody good job ive 2 pair of underpants to my name, thanks again for your offer lads :thumbs:

post-59960-0-02661100-1398183900_thumb.jpg