Is The Btmr And Guilds Influence, Ruining The Molecatching Game ?

By the way i am just about to trap a few moles on a golf course i have been walling on sorry lads :whistling: !!!!!.

iwm.

Good luck mate

I've trapped a couple of moles to get some permission did a favour for a farmer I know

Well, good luck with that iwm. And with your permission tea pot.

I think where I differ, a little, from earth thrower is that I’ve no real objection with people who are ferreting or gardening ‘having a crack at the moles’ while they’re there. And, even if I did, I know there’s nothing I could, realistically, ever do to dissuade them.

The thing I have a huge objection to, is the selling of molecatching courses on the pretence that there is a shortage of molecatchers and there’s good money to be made. Let me tell you now; there isn’t and there isn’t!!

Mole catching is one of the most over subscribed professions with some of the lowest earnings in Christendom.

Before anyone even considers booking a course, they need to be told that!

• Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Recently, a farm manager,asks me to tackle some silage fields.Went along today ,and noticed some ' markers ' on the ground.Turns out a lady relative,from a neighbouring farm,is having a go with some t

The thing is; it doesn't matter how many part-timers come into it, those experienced trappers that are good will always be very busy.... And a year later, when those lads have tried to make a living

Depends on the type of customers you want to work for...   If anyone tries to haggle or knock me down on price,..I won't wear it,...no future in it....   I'll have deal,.. if the job includes som

The thing is; it doesn't matter how many part-timers come into it, those experienced trappers that are good will always be very busy....

And a year later, when those lads have tried to make a living trapping, given up and are now gardeners, or sheep shearers or window cleaners, things will still go along as normal.

I don't think the internet has done mole trappers any favours, but hey-ho.

• Like 2

But when the other lads drop out there will be a few more who have been on the course to fill the void,and if they do it cheap they will get work,why do firm take on polish labour cause the same work gets done at a cheaper rate if you get my meaning

But when the other lads drop out there will be a few more who have been on the course to fill the void,and if they do it cheap they will get work,why do firm take on polish labour cause the same work gets done at a cheaper rate if you get my meaning

You're wrong there. it's not just about price, it's about how you come across, what you say and how you act. And...not everyone can catch moles...

• Like 1

:hmm:Depends on the type of customers you want to work for...

If anyone tries to haggle or knock me down on price,..I won't wear it,...no future in it.... :no:

I'll have deal,.. if the job includes some good rabbiting,.. or the chance of a run on other things,.but as a rule,.the price is the price,.end of story....Can't remember losing much work, over being too dear,..and as Darcy has stated,..there is more to securing a regular bit of work,.a job that will often lead to more work,.than simply being cheapest on the block......

A successful and long -lived Pester,.. is usually a good communicator.. :thumbs: .

• Like 2

according to some one on here and i quote....its the easiest quarry to catch...plus ive caught them so its not rocket science is it,im not saying driving a HGV is easy but take a course and its a piece of piss like molecatching :laugh: and it will get done cheap then the pros, ask eddie stobart :victory: doesn't matter how much communicate you have with customers,cheap will win :laugh:

stuff it might go to Doncaster on the 21st june on the course need some beer money for the weekends £5 a mole will do :laugh:

The question was....

Is The Btmr And Guilds Influence, Ruining The Molecatching Game ?

In 2008 or just before there were only a handful of professional mole catchers website.

Now there are loads of websites for mole catchers and related items to do with mole catching.

The internet information has grown fast . Easy now to build your own web site.Cheap advertising.Awareness of mole catching.

There are plenty of mole catchers not in either of these groups.

I would guess people that attend the courses do not all go out to become professional mole catchers.Once they have been on a course they have to actually learn how to catch the mole on their own, some will struggle and give up quickly a small percentage will master it.

:hmm:Depends on the type of customers you want to work for...

If anyone tries to haggle or knock me down on price,..I won't wear it,...no future in it.... :no:

I'll have deal,.. if the job includes some good rabbiting,.. or the chance of a run on other things,.but as a rule,.the price is the price,.end of story....Can't remember losing much work, over being too dear,..and as Darcy has stated,..there is more to securing a regular bit of work,.a job that will often lead to more work,.than simply being cheapest on the block......

A successful and long -lived Pester,.. is usually a good communicator.. :thumbs: .

well ime f****d i have a stammer :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

I am not a mole catcher ! I am a bricklayer, and for 50 years I have made some good dough out of putting other [less well taught ] bricklayers work right , the same rule must surely apply to mole catchers.