Project Hw77K Mk1 (Pic Heavy)

Picked up another project last week a early 77k was rough as a bears arse did a 120 mile round trip for it and was little disheartened when saw quite how rough it was but after getting her home and stripping it down internals look virtually untouched pumped full of thick grease but in in all round good condition,

I got this to restore for another member and got started last week few pics before I started

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Again you're working miracles on a gun that looks as though it had been used as a shed door stop in all weathers. It's looking pretty damn good now. Can't believe it's the same gun (not that I'm doubt

You had your work cut out there bud but your just the man to sort her out top job from a top man atvbmac :thumbs:

The piston and compression tube are in great condition gave them a good rub down and polish soaked in de greaser and a polish up replaced piston washer and breech seal,

There was about a inch of what I thought was lead from few fallen pellets but turned out to be years of packed down grease at the breech.

Got the action ground back to a stage where I could start to rub down by hand

Few bits I picked up today

titan Xs main spring

breech seal

piston washer

New anti bear trap (original was missing wouldn't of replaced if was keeping but best be safe if doing to sell)

New safety catch again original was missing

Phillips gun blue

20140417_162624.jpg

To be honest it didn't come out as well as previous guns but a dramatic improvement (probs me been fussy just a couple of small patches just didn't want to take but can always adress them later)

Had to trim 2 coils from the spring and rebuilt it dry tonight to have a shoot and what a cracking rifle shoots so smooth very dull recoil and with the venom muzzle weight fitted at some point the little re coil there is comes straight back no muzzle flip and pretty quiet

Put through chrono and bang on 11.1

So when strip down to re seat spring I will add a pre load to top and should take to around 11.4 so perfect power

Will be all greased up and still got the trigger to strip and polish got it soaking as I type again full of grease (people have really enjoyed greasing this gun over years lol)

And stock to do so more to follow but so far so good lovely little 77k :)

Edited by mattybugeye

Again you're working miracles on a gun that looks as though it had been used as a shed door stop in all weathers. It's looking pretty damn good now. Can't believe it's the same gun (not that I'm doubting you of course). well done Matty.

• Like 1