Lesson Learned For Me And The Kids

well me and the kids learned a sad lesson today........was gifted some eggs off belucky which have been in the incubator a week yesterday.....got up this morning to find the incubator off,,at first i thought it was normal as the light come on and off to regulate temp but after a bit i new it wasn't right...quick look through the glass and saw the thermometer was low...open lid and the bulb had gone....gutted to say the least..me and the kids were really looking forward to this hatch,more so than the first hatch as with the first hatch they new that it might not work.... the bulb said it had a running life of over 2000 hours so i thought it would be ok to do two clutches then replace the bulb..however i should of replaced it (which was what my gut was telling me.).

so lesson for me learned...........trust my gut

lesson for kids learned............life doesn't all ways work out and can be lost as quick as a bulb can go out.

Shame that mate and hope you get sorted and going again,it's the first thing though that all folks adult and kids alike should be taught is with livestock you get deadstock and if you can't handle deadstock then leave the live stock alone....

• Like 1

Not sure how long they'd been without mate as the last time I'd checked on them was 11 at night..also I work sundays so u couldn't go get a replacement buld and I'm at work til 6 tonight....next clutch I do I'm going get a hand full of replacement bulbs (I should of befor realy)

Not sure how long they'd been without mate as the last time I'd checked on them was 11 at night..also I work sundays so u couldn't go get a replacement buld and I'm at work til 6 tonight....next clutch I do I'm going get a hand full of rerplacement bulbs (I should of befor realy)

I would put a replacement bulb in and try it nowt to lose even if you only get a few out it's better than nowt

• Like 1

Don't finish work till 6 mate by time I get home no were is going be open especialy with it been sunday..ill have to travle to get a new bulb wich will have be tomorrow after took kids to school so itd be tommorow around half 9..

how long they been in for already? as i said nowt to lose especially with them being eggs gifted, if they were ur own eggs you can set some more but if they are precious eggs then surely nowt to lose but maybe an odd chick to gain?

Agreed