Docking?

squab

litter wasnt done at birth so something i may be looking into in the future although cant see it being straight forward on a older dog but what would i need to get it done legally,would letters of permission to work dog be enough or something more like shotgun cert,anyone have any info be great help cheers :thumbs:

IMG_2900_zpsd083cdb9.jpg

I wouldn't want to dock a bushing dog, I like to see the tail going mad when they find a line.

I take it your post is a p*ss take ?? the whole idea of docking is to prevent tail damage, dogs with full tails get ripped to bits in heavy bramble, you can't work heavy cover regularly, terrier's look daft with a tail and are a total eyesore, WM

• Like 3

I wouldn't want to dock a bushing dog, I like to see the tail going mad when they find a line.

I take it your post is a p*ss take ?? the whole idea of docking is to prevent tail damage, dogs with full tails get ripped to bits in heavy bramble, you can't work heavy cover regularly, terrier's look daft with a tail and are a total eyesore, WM

what wirral says,you wouldnt see the tail when working thick cover anyways

You don't see beagles with docked tails and they fly through thick cover.

Terriers look a c**t with a full tail but to say they get shredded when working cover is a load of bollocks I've had dogs most of my life and never seen any shredded tails ?

These are my 2 first cross springer beagles with full tails and they don't get shredded either.

26D06B16-D5B9-4B3C-AAC0-8AE3E0BE36CB_zps

• Like 2
Guest foxpack

my beagle x russell, gets a bleeding tip everytime he is out .fxckin nightmare ,all our others are 3/4 tails .i,ve seen over the last 20 years .spaniels especially getting really raw wounds on the tip of tails etc,i would and always will have the tails taken down a least ,3/4 tails .cover we do fox drives in ,your lucky to see dogs never mind the tails,,lol

not the best pic..lol

DSCF0961_zps38e8c271.jpg

• Like 2