Ferret Bitting

Bite it back.. :laugh:

Just keep handling it, they can go a bit mental this time of year when the hormones kick it. Have you got other ferrets? Give it a bloody good feed and handle it a lot after. It should come round. :thumbs:

Full on bitting mate it won't leave me alone it will even try to climb up me to bit me it's starting to piss me off . before now he's been the most lad back ferret iv ever had iv had a few bitters before from ferrets iv not had from kits but nowt like this lol the little shite!

Could try grabbing his scruff and dragging him around the floor a bit.. It does sound like he's trying it on with you, if you've ever seen ferrets mate it's got the most gentle of things! :laugh:

No that will not work ↑

Will just make him fear hands and bite more its his hormones its natural behaviour the ferret wont know what its done wrong. Bloody hell some plonkers on here..

Well excuse me Mr know all But it does work in most cases & theres no need to be insulting just because you dont agree with some one elses point of view ,if any my ferrets kits try and bite I do as I stated and they quickly stop, realizing its not wanted behavior .Because you don't believe it will work you without doubt would of NEVER tryed it so you at best ARE only taking a guess ,it would fail & will only make the ferret fear hands and bite more is nothing more than nonsence .Its worked well for me over the years & once broken in and handled well,my ferrets usually stay that way for their working life. None of my breeding hobs bite so I dont except thats its natural behaviour at all.A ferret can be taught to sit , roll over and a number of other tricks yet its not smart enough to work out whats exceptable ? Edited by toolebox