Killing Everything In Site

Why , after reading, many many threads , do hunter take so many rabbits , fox , ect on one trip out , I under stand we have to keep our factors happy, but do we really need to take so much in one outing so to speak, are we all not guilty of been a little bit greedy , we had 6

foxes , 160 rabbits ect , should we not refrain from this , to ensure the intergtey of our sport , or on day they'll, be fcuk all left , and then we will all be shafted , and end up at local fair, shooting tin cans

Just a thought

Dave

• Like 2

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all (well most of us) have had to work hard to get our permissions, often having to work for years to get the permission from the land owner. Well we then get either a call or a yes come in for a c

The law all so states you need a passport to come in to this great country of ours ,100,000s don't have one ,its a shame we cant pick them off as well

I cant see the point of shooting every thing in site , if we all did then nothing would be left . I believe in controlling the population and not wiping it out

It all depends where you are in the country and the purpose or capacity your taking quarry for.

I am lucky enough to do it for both work and pleasure, there is also no real shortage of rabbits on the places I go. Yes the numbers get thinned but they tend to come back year on year.

Im not a great believer in wiping everything out unless im asked to do so or getting paid for it. Simply manage the numbers.

We do plenty of rabbits every year and hope to continue doing so.

:laugh: Don't be running this question or discussion past your land owner :laugh:

Why , after reading, many many threads , do hunter take so many rabbits , fox , ect on one trip out , I under stand we have to keep our factors happy, but do we really need to take so much in one outing so to speak, are we all not guilty of been a little bit greedy , we had 6

foxes , 160 rabbits ect , should we not refrain from this , to ensure the intergtey of our sport , or on day they'll, be fcuk all left , and then we will all be shafted , and end up at local fair, shooting tin cans

Just a thought

Dave

I cant see the point of shooting every thing in site , if we all did then nothing would be left .

I believe in controlling the population and not wiping it out

if the land is your own, then you can see any type of shooting as sport and having the frame of mind to take small bags is great, sadly most people don't have that option, they are shooting permissions where the owner does not see it as "sporting" he see's it as his livelihood that's being eaten/destroyed, and the only reason you have been given permission, is to stop this

thus people go out and if there's big numbers to be taken, they get took, I'm sure there's nights when nothing gets shot, or very few, but you rarely get posts about those nights, people need to stop thinking it's "sport" if it's on the pest species list, it's therefore shot as pest control, nothing sporting about it, if you want sporting, look into pheasants, what's the difference there then, as pheasant shooters on payed days can take huge numbers of birds that are being driven towards them

• Like 3

Insy

So your saying the fields are like a iceberg , you see a third above the water, and two thirds below, I'm no expert on this matter but I'm sure that would not be the case , say on a pleasant summers day 50 rabbits above ground and 150 in there burrows, may be some of the members on thl will enlighten both of us

Regards

That's more than likley the case.

For example. One job last summer took around 500 rabbits off 50 acres. But only counted rabbits out in the sun in numbers of 30's and 40's.

This tally doesn't take into account what wasn't taken from neighbouring land. Which will eventually repopulate the cleared land.

Just a thought

Dave

I cant see the point of shooting every thing in site , if we all did then nothing would be left .

I believe in controlling the population and not wiping it out

if the land is your own, then you can see any type of shooting as sport and having the frame of mind to take small bags is great, sadly most people don't have that option, they are shooting permissions where the owner does not see it as "sporting" he see's it as his livelihood that's being eaten/destroyed, and the only reason you have been given permission, is to stop this

thus people go out and if there's big numbers to be taken, they get took, I'm sure there's nights when nothing gets shot, or very few, but you rarely get posts about those nights, people need to stop thinking it's "sport" if it's on the pest species list, it's therefore shot as pest control, nothing sporting about it, if you want sporting, look into pheasants, what's the difference there then, as pheasant shooters on payed days can take huge numbers of birds that are being driven towards them

its in the words , pest control