I read an interview where Rodgers was saying he wants his whole team to be fluid, to be able to fill positions for each other and everyone to want the ball, he's getting there and the steps they've made from pump it up to Carroll, to now playing some great football is huge.

What is Moyes philosophy?

How does he want UTD to play?

Lots of work to do, no idea if he's right..... Come next January will be judgement time IMO

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope they give him another 5 years! This shite is funny haha

DONT SAY I NEVER WARNED YOU !!!!!!!

and everton with a new manager doing far better than they ever did under moyes tells its own story

Posted Images

@ Stig: No, not now I don't because there's no sign of improvement in performances. A manager good enough to manage at the required level should be able to get some sort of reaction from a group of players who won the title last year IMO. Wouldn't be so bad if we were showing some fight for the last champions league spot, that should be the bare minimum IMO..

I read an interview where Rodgers was saying he wants his whole team to be fluid, to be able to fill positions for each other and everyone to want the ball, he's getting there and the steps they've made from pump it up to Carroll, to now playing some great football is huge.

What is Moyes philosophy?

How does he want UTD to play?

Lots of work to do, no idea if he's right..... Come next January will be judgement time IMO

@ Stig: No, not now I don't because there's no sign of improvement in performances. A manager good enough to manage at the required level should be able to get some sort of reaction from a group of players who won the title last year IMO. Wouldn't be so bad if we were showing some fight for the last champions league spot, that should be the bare minimum IMO..

:thumbs:

For sure i think hes strong enough and ive always liked him but in this under performing team i am surprised at all the team selections this year, apart from injurys cleverley should get anywhere near the first team squad,, the signs was there thst parts of this squad was not good enough so to make a better assesment of moyes will be with better players, team, and that should be xmas time 2014.

Edited by bracken boy

For sure i think hes strong enough and ive always liked him but in this under performing team i am surprised at all the team selections this year, apart from injurys cleverley should get anywhere near the first team squad,, the signs was there thst parts of this squad was not good enough so to make a better assesment of moyes will be with better players, team, and that should be xmas time 2014.

You think so mate? I'd agree with that if fergie had been sacked mid season and moyes was flung in at the last minute but I honestly can't think of a manager taking over who was given as much time to prepare than moyes. It was no secret that moyes was getting the job what, 2 seasons ago? He had the full summer to prepare, fergie would have happily shared information, so I honestly can't see what's going to be different next season if you ain't got it, you ain't got it.

I just don't understand Moyes tactics at all! 3 man midfield!!

Cleverley - not played since January and gets thrown in against City. Anyone with half a brain knew that wouldn't end well.

Fellaini is a liability, an embarrassment actually. Did you see him lead in with his elbow last night (straight into Zabaleta) to 'shield the ball'? Then moan when he picked up a yellow card for it! He's almost as bad if not worse as that f***ing Kleberson all those years ago :icon_eek:

Mata has also failed to impress so far.

I think both players and managers need to hold their hands up after this season...

When fergie was there all the teams knew if you finish above Man U in the league, you've pretty much won it. Now and for the foreseeable future under moyes, Man U will be forgetting Chelsea and man city, they'll be fighting it out with arsenal and Liverpool for 3rd and 4th place. I think if Man U finish in 4th next season or any other under moyes it will be regarded as a good season. He'll get a fair chance next season due to fatigue with the World Cup and the big boys having midweek games in Europe but I still reckon he'll only muster 4th at best.

Everyone is saying he needs a 300 million war chest, let be honest, with 300 million even Allerdyce could assemble a team of league winners......don't say much for Moyes managerial capabilities does it !!

Great managers don't need to buy their way out of bother, they get more out of players than the player ever thought themselves capable of, they set their sides out right and do their home work, they instill belief, they nurture young talent and as a by product of that great players want to join the outfit because players like to be part of something positive and they want to win things.

• Like 1

Fergie left a squad that needed players adding to it, everyone knew the defence was coming to an end, and he midfield was 1 dimensional ( you can't keep dragging Scholes out if retirement)... So what happened they signed Fellaini. Last minute , for more money than if they'd brought him a week earlier, everyone knew he was coming so what was that about Ffs..

Moyes will get a chance to put it right, but the squad is miles behind Chelsea and man city, liverpools first 11 are as good as anyone's, arsenal will always be hot and cold ( it's became a habit now)... So for the foreseeable your right Baw, Chelsea and man city are way in front,

Moyes was left the foundations, remember when Fergie went there he rebuilt the club from top to bottom, Moyes needs to put a new squad together, and it's going to take 6-7 players, Problem is you won't generate much from what he sales , f**k me Fellaini gone from 28m to 2.8m in 8 months lol

Arsenal need a couple of players up the middle to do some ugly and add some steel, like a Viera or a Keane, once they get that then get out of the way IMHO because they will have it all.

And they won't have broke the bank to do it.

There's no way a club of MU status should be in a position of having to rebuild IMHO

Wilf talking to a lad on here who's a UTD regular, watches the youth etc.. There are a couple of young kads coming through that they think are going to be exceptional players, hopefully the youngsters get a chance, it's been proved befôre that can work.

Some severe coaching is require on the defenders, Smalling and rafael especially, both could be good enough but at times look like Sunday morning players,

With vidic, evera and Ferdinand on their way out, it's got to be sorted quickly,

Carrick, Fellaini, cleverly, Nani, not up to it... Giggs surely won't go on another season,

Plus points,

The keeper finally looks the part, janzaja will be better again next year..I'm sure if he uses mata properly behind Rooney and RVP there are goals there...

A lot of work to be done, I bet Moyes ain't sleeping too well lol

Fellani was a peace offering to Everton, it has to be. You are right about the aging team fergie left but its a no win for him. What chairman would give a manager a war chest they know is about to leave and the guy replacing him will want to spend. Plus fergie wouldn't want to start building someone else's team knowing they'd want to do there own thing. Look what moyes did with the back room staff, maybe moyes told fergie he wanted to start from scratch. The problem lies with filling fergies boots. Imagine your a Man U player, take Rooney for example. You get off the team bus in hospitable grounds, sit in the dressing room, nerves building up, important game.... You glance over at the boss, fergie, showing no signs of fear. You think of the tactical genius at work, killing off countless teams and so called great managers over the years. All of a sudden you've got that swagger back, your Man U ffs, fear no one with fergie in the dug out, the world admire the guy. He leaves and gets replaced by moyes. No pedigree, no fear factor, no tactical prowess, the nerves kick in. All of a sudden the pitch is huge, no reassuring glance to the bench to see someone who knows what's needed, your on your own. Even worse when at home with all these fans who have seen you control the league most of there life's, now you hear the groans and it magnitudes every tackle and decision. A club like Man U needs a manager who the players can respect. A guy who has been there and done it. A manager who doesn't look upto the players instead of them looking upto him. That's the problem moyes faces. I can imagine moyes telling these top class players they ain't playing well and them turning round and saying, I'm a better player than you are a f***ing manager. What could he say?

• Like 1