Trout Fishing?

If your fishing the worm on small streams, try casting up in front of your self. It's called upstream worming, what else could it be called? Look for the quicker water rather than slower water, use a longer rod as that will help you keep in touch with the bait just by lifting the rod. Look for big stones in the water as they cause a bow wave effect and the trout can lie in front of the stone and take food without expending any energy.

Upstream worming is one of the finest types of trout fishing you can get, and given the right condition can be deadly.

TC

• Like 4

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 7 Caught a fish Like to tell you i released it but i didnt,Didnt weigh it either,Just grilled it with some herb butter

During the warmer months one ruse we used on deep pools was to tie a dead animal in a tree overhanging the pool, as it got maggot ridden the maggots would drop into the pool and ground bait it for you

HI there when I trotting worms I use a bit of blue tack about 18 inch above the hook u save a few bob on lead and if u get snagged it just comes of

Posted Images

There's not much doing down here either bud. I was always told early in the season the fish take longer to stir, so you need to be heading out during the later part of the morning till mid afternoon as it is still cold, I never ever paid any attention to that and just went as early as I could, but generally failed… As the season progresses and the water warms up then get out earlier… This could also be more Bullshit that I have been spoon fed over the years but this same old boy who taught me to fly fish for sea trout and certainly got me into some fish...

• Like 4

Day 6 TROUT ARE A MYTH.

Serious though river in full flood ideal worming conditions.

One trouble I'm having is I'm letting worm drift down river but then when i start reeling back in realize its actually stuck some where and ive just been letting out line :icon_redface:

Tried middle river up against banks where water was slower whirling around.

Tried a bit of bubble and fly and a bit of spinning lol.

Bearing in mind it was Sunday and its meant to be a great trout river didn't see another lad :hmm:

i like a 50 mesh deep 0.5 x8 multi mono net rigged for bottom fishing... but then thats probably not the answer you were looking for lol

i like that method to same set up cant go wrong

no actually dock grubs are good so to is beleive it or not bread,not just for stockies but for wild fish also,esp where yer find ppl feeding ducks etc... for my method is this bubble float with one of the lugs snapped off,reason why well bore a hole in it so yer can fit a starlight superglue the rubber so yer can put a new starlight in everytime.fish the float between the hook and the rod tip,someppl prefere the opposite but its a banned method in the northumbria region,anyway yer trout fishing so make it simple,use about 2 foot max depth size 2-6 hook squash the bread round the shank of the hook then gently squeeze the botom around the cleft of the hook bobs yer uncle! works great for ponds and fisheries that stock trout in to them,obveously the starlight is a night method eliminate the starlight for day time fishing nudge nudge wink wink

Day 6 TROUT ARE A MYTH.

Serious though river in full flood ideal worming conditions.

One trouble I'm having is I'm letting worm drift down river but then when i start reeling back in realize its actually stuck some where and ive just been letting out line :icon_redface:

Tried middle river up against banks where water was slower whirling around.

Tried a bit of bubble and fly and a bit of spinning lol.

Bearing in mind it was Sunday and its meant to be a great trout river didn't see another lad :hmm:

try this small drilled bullet then a swivel 18 inch of line and then a hook......long rod about 10-11 ft and 4-6 lb line

stand on the back of a deep hole and cast 10 ft up stream let it sink freely then leave the bail arm open put your finger on the line and feel for the bullet hitting the bottom then just bounce (and it is bouncing) it down the current at the same speed let the river do the speed and you just bounce (think like a bouncing bomb realy slow and steady) keep the same amount of line out at all times dont reel dont let any go after it has hit bottom.... just raise and lower the rod...when you run out of line the bullet will lift and swing into the bank let it hang their for a moment and reel in then you can eather cast 2 foot further out but still only 10ft up or take a step down stream and go again........it easy to do it in a slow deep hole.....as you get better at feeling it bounce and tick over the bottom you can do faster bits of river and cast further up stream.....the bullet can and should be replaced with split shot on a small dropper that way you can alter the weight to suit a certain run or pool as to heavy and it wont move to light and it wont touch bottom!

• Like 3

i like a 50 mesh deep 0.5 x8 multi mono net rigged for bottom fishing... but then thats probably not the answer you were looking for lol

i like that method to same set up cant go wrong

no actually dock grubs are good so to is beleive it or not bread,not just for stockies but for wild fish also,esp where yer find ppl feeding ducks etc... for my method is this bubble float with one of the lugs snapped off,reason why well bore a hole in it so yer can fit a starlight superglue the rubber so yer can put a new starlight in everytime.fish the float between the hook and the rod tip,someppl prefere the opposite but its a banned method in the northumbria region,anyway yer trout fishing so make it simple,use about 2 foot max depth size 2-6 hook squash the bread round the shank of the hook then gently squeeze the botom around the cleft of the hook bobs yer uncle! works great for ponds and fisheries that stock trout in to them,obveously the starlight is a night method eliminate the starlight for day time fishing nudge nudge wink wink

Dock grubs are good for all trout iv found, fooker getting them tho lol and they bite lol we used to have to dig them up as kids for granda and ole man an uncles lol they paid us by the grub lol what's best month for them?? Iv never found one all time I been in England believe it or not

• Like 1

During the warmer months one ruse we used on deep pools was to tie a dead animal in a tree overhanging the pool, as it got maggot ridden the maggots would drop into the pool and ground bait it for you. A couple of maggots on a size 10 hook would soon get you a few trout.

TC

• Like 7

Out this morning Guess what didnt catch a fish :laugh:

Getting good at not catching fish now though.

Met a lad yesterday who said theres been so many floods the fish wouldnt be hungry,and the waters a bit cold,Still surprised i hadnt caught a fish though :cray:

Some good tips coming now though look forward to trying a few,fancy a bit of night fishing,and the cat that put my dog on the road, as a prebaiter :laugh:

• Like 2

If even a little mepps spinner or bubble and fly ain't working I'd leave it couple more weeks or try another spot tbh lol

Lol only used the spinner becouse there banned "the fish dont have a chance" thought i might at least foul hook one :whistling:

• Like 2

free line a worm cant go wrong,we used to target borwn trout when we were kids on the river wear at durham they was some stilling pools below framwelgate dam very early on the morning when no one was about yer could get a good look at the fish thru yer glasses (polaroids) the fish were always flighty as fcuk but this time of the morning like 4.30-5.30 yer could see em really good cos of where the sun was,but yer only got and hour if that cos come 6.30 am onwards the city started to fill up with comuters,any way by the time july august came the fish were wise as bamber gasgoine and didnt want to know yer bait when i say your bait i mean the bait on the hook the free maggots yer chucked in to feed them were fine they would eat them all day long ,but the hook bait errrrr no ! so we went down to 1.5 lb main line size 20 hook single maggot and that done the trick,when we were very young like 12 yer old we used to kill them being uneducated but later on it was for pure sport these were browns wild as hell up to say 2 lb max trout back then on the wear were hard to find on the river wear,mostly very small fish did see the odd 3lb + fish but very rare i seen two over 3lbs in 34 years come from the wear,so go fine on the line and small on the hooks cant go wrong trout are very wise fish

• Like 3