What Makes A Good Hare Dog???

some good points lads, but what im saying is if we look at the likes of foxy for example she ran 6 seasons and won 50 plus matches and then produced very good offspring now thats a top class animal, what level does a hare dog have to make to be considered top class?? would ye call say a dog or bitch that ran for 1 or 2 seasons good??

your not talking of a good hare dog when you speak of foxy.... Your speaking of the best dog to set foot onto a field !! 62 matches that bitch had and 62 she won !! Sometimes twice a week she was matched !! She would always push on , not the classiest of runner but clever strong and bred to do the job ! , so to compare a dog to foxy is a lil unfair I think ?? She wasn't just good she was undisputed ! ......man I'd like to get hold of some of her breed line !!

I think youll find foxy ran 62 matches but did not win them all some where draws , theres plenty stuff bred from them lines about

• Like 3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good hare dog is one that makes it's owner happy

A dog shouldnt be specifically for one quarry , Good dog keeps its owner happy running what he wants it to run. I would assume most good dogs would have a pop at anything moving not just old puss.

THE SAME THING THAT MAKES A GOOD RABBITING DOG,,,,,THE PERSON,,,, PUTTING GAME INFRONT OF HIT,,,,

some good points lads, but what im saying is if we look at the likes of foxy for example she ran 6 seasons and won 50 plus matches and then produced very good offspring now thats a top class animal, what level does a hare dog have to make to be considered top class?? would ye call say a dog or bitch that ran for 1 or 2 seasons good??

your not talking of a good hare dog when you speak of foxy.... Your speaking of the best dog to set foot onto a field !! 62 matches that bitch had and 62 she won !! Sometimes twice a week she was matched !! She would always push on , not the classiest of runner but clever strong and bred to do the job ! , so to compare a dog to foxy is a lil unfair I think ?? She wasn't just good she was undisputed ! ......man I'd like to get hold of some of her breed line !!

I think youll find foxy ran 62 matches but did not win them all some where draws , theres plenty stuff bred from them lines about

Ahhhhh so it didn't win them all....... f***ing donkey :laugh:

• Like 1

Ahhhhh so it didn't win them all....... f*****g donkey :laugh:

lack of feathery ears

The internet has made afew and destoryed a couple of repution, s as well.

it seems if you want a good dog these you need get him talked about on the internet and he a machine in no time lol :laugh:

a dozen halfwits that wouldn't know a dog is all you need get them starting a few topics, tout on anybody that disagrees an GET them banned, JOB DONE Edited by Piggy McNeily

the breeding does not particularly matter (within reason) as long as the dog is game and has the pace/agility. Height, I`d say 24inch is perf though others may dispute that. I would say that 1 or 2 seasons is not good, at least 4 seasons preferably more and as the others say it shouldn't be just for hares. Stamina is pretty key but that comes the more the dog runs, persistence in that it wont give up till its knackered or lost it. Also what is key is intelligence, my bitch had an uncanny way of turning before the hare did to cut it off.

• Like 1