1. Badger

2. Rabbit

3. Wild boar (Co. Clare - Ireland)

4. Heron print and the bird is a Bittern. Call booms for over a mile

5. Deer bed

6. Hare bed or pocket

7. Fallow rub

8. Badger latrine and disturbance - sometimes the badger poo's in tiny pots dug into the ground

Trees.

1. Beech, unmistakeable with the flat veined leaf, and each leaf barely overlaps the next. Great tasting nuts from these trees and magnetise all sorts of birds and mammals (rats to deer) where located.

2. Oak

3. Ash

Berries.

1. Deadly nightshade - also called Bella Donna with a poison called Atropine. This chemical dilates the pupils and the name Bella Donna or beautiful lady comes from a time when women used the poison by dipping a piece on their finger and touching the pupil of their eyes to make themselves look pretty.

Nightshade has a similar plant and flower to the potato as they are both in the same family.

2. Sloe........bitter but great for wine

FairPlay Irishnut you were bang on with them all!

I didn't know there was a big comeback but I did read somewhere that a couple had been seen in Donegal in recent years. Rare passing migrants.

Would be nice to see them flourish once again.

A few were released recently in a secret location somewhere on the Anglian Fens.

Hey JDarcy you are totally right, I termed it Deer bed as some don't know the reason behind a scrape. I have some great Sika scrapes in......secret locations.......near home. Driving to work the other day I saw 16 deer out feeding at 6am, in permission I have to shoot!

• Like 1