Good shooting!

I bought myself a catty recently, looks like the same one as you have there Gaz. First time in about 20 years I have owned or used one.... turns out I still cant hit a cows arse with a banjo!

• Like 1

It's good fun mate and great for feeding ferrets.

I've come a long way in a short space of time. A few weeks ago I couldn't hit a 2 litre bottle at 10

Yards.

I'm still really hit and miss though. Only yesterday I was practicing on a coke can with my mate at about 7-8 yards and missed a few times.

I am not too bad I suppose, just used to always carry one with me when out with the dogs as a kid. I just havent used one for ages either.

I took the dogs for a blast the other day with catty in pocket, with all sorts of daft 'one for the pot' notions in my head,headed to a place I knew would hold a reasonable chance of some pheasants and and a possible duck... After 25 minutes with the dogs at heal watching me in disgust as I missed shot after shot and let stuff get away... I just let them get on with it in the end.. got to the same result just without me embarrassing myself

• Like 1

Gaz nice shooting :thumbs: that catty though :hmm: some of those is made of like pot metal an they can break off a fork quite readily :icon_eek: just seen one last night some fellah tapped to see what a fork hit might do an the fork broke off clean as a whistle :shok: ,so just a heads up be safe man. :cheers:

iv always been a better shot when snap shooting,always had a better hit average than pliking at cans time and time again,nice shooting mate but sure id end up knitting with all that elastic everywhere :D:thumbs:

Gaz nice shooting :thumbs: that catty though :hmm: some of those is made of like pot metal an they can break off a fork quite readily :icon_eek: just seen one last night some fellah tapped to see what a fork hit might do an the fork broke off clean as a whistle :shok: ,so just a heads up be safe man. :cheers:

Really? That's surprising. I really like this catty. I'm gonna twat it with a hammer now and see what happens :laugh:

Saying that, I've heard a few lads saying they've had fork hits and snapped catapults. How bad a shot must you be to hit the forks? I'm pretty new to catapults. I've fired about 2000 shots give or take. Not hit the forks though.

iv always been a better shot when snap shooting,always had a better hit average than pliking at cans time and time again,nice shooting mate but sure id end up knitting with all that elastic everywhere :D:thumbs:

I'm the same. Pretty poor when plinking at cans in the garden. But I've surprised myself with these couple of kills.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I own a simple black widow and at 15 to 25 yards I'm 3 out of 5 on rabbit size target but that doesn't mean a head shot or kill shot so going to practice some more as don't fancy chasing a wounded animal around. Maybe laddie could pick it off for me (my saluki) he's also a little new to this. He has taken a few rabbits though. Yet to bring back to me though. Time will tell!