I own a simple black widow and at 15 to 25 yards I'm 3 out of 5 on rabbit size target but that doesn't mean a head shot or kill shot so going to practice some more as don't fancy chasing a wounded animal around. Maybe laddie could pick it off for me (my saluki) he's also a little new to this. He has taken a few rabbits though. Yet to bring back to me though. Time will tell!

Shorten your range to 10 yards and get stalking. Forget about 25 yards until you're spot on at 20 and forget 20 until you're spot on at 15.

To be honest the majority of shots taken will be around the 10 yard mark. Practice at that range first and you can push things further as you go.

With regards to the Saluki, you're on your own!!! You should've asked me before you bought it!!! Lol!!

• 2 weeks later...

I own a simple black widow and at 15 to 25 yards I'm 3 out of 5 on rabbit size target but that doesn't mean a head shot or kill shot so going to practice some more as don't fancy chasing a wounded animal around. Maybe laddie could pick it off for me (my saluki) he's also a little new to this. He has taken a few rabbits though. Yet to bring back to me though. Time will tell!

Shorten your range to 10 yards and get stalking. Forget about 25 yards until you're spot on at 20 and forget 20 until you're spot on at 15.

To be honest the majority of shots taken will be around the 10 yard mark. Practice at that range first and you can push things further as you go.

With regards to the Saluki, you're on your own!!! You should've asked me before you bought it!!! Lol!!

if i do the hour every day I get pretty accurate at ten yards. Maybe my unrealistic 25 yard approach is down to you guessed it? A very enthusiastic laddie bounding around. Hope fully with nice weather to come il find time around kids work dog! Etc to get in the yard and practice each day that's if there's not another damn shelf to put up or mfi crap paçk to put up for her indoors. I'd get her ah ten yards! Thanks by the way!

if i do the hour every day I get pretty accurate at ten yards. Maybe my unrealistic 25 yard approach is down to you guessed it? A very enthusiastic laddie bounding around. Hope fully with nice weather to come il find time around kids work dog! Etc to get in the yard and practice each day that's if there's not another damn shelf to put up or mfi crap paçk to put up for her indoors. I'd get her ah ten yards! Thanks by the way!
and in regards to my saluki ?
  • 2 weeks later...

Well said black widow is getting replace for some thing more pocket size ?

Also the elastic doesn't last terrible well I could understand if pulling hundred of shots a day but I'm not.

I was looking at those small wooden ones use flat yellow elastic on YouTube (gamekeeper john)

???!