Ile Shoot Them Hares.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well what kind of an idiot runs dogs through sheep this time of year stock broken or not.

well wat you should say to that is yes ill get on it and do my best to keep them fcukers off the land even if you carnt as he might get someone else on who tells him that they can

there,s allway.s a couple out there to ruin it for everyone.

I have found in the passed here in ireland, that a lot of farmers with sheep are trigger happy when it comes to unkown dogs amongst their sheep, even if the dog was not interested in the sheep and was in the same field, they shoot it, unless its a dog they know well and know that it is harmless, even then they would complain to the owner to keep it in when sheep are around.

I have had dogs shot on me years ago when out after hares, foxes and even rabbits, a lot of sheep farmers are ruthless over here when it comes to loose dogs near their sheep, i try and stay well clear of sheep when out with dogs and try and keep the peace. :thumbs:

• Like 2

I have found in the passed here in ireland, that a lot of farmers with sheep are trigger happy when it comes to unkown dogs amongst their sheep, even if the dog was not interested in the sheep and was in the same field, they shoot it, unless its a dog they know well and know that it is harmless, even then they would complain to the owner to keep it in when sheep are around.

I have had dogs shot on me years ago when out after hares, foxes and even rabbits, a lot of sheep farmers are ruthless over here when it comes to loose dogs near their sheep, i try and stay well clear of sheep when out with dogs and try and keep the peace. :thumbs:

likewise, sheep are a fair soft and tempermental animal, one bad fright and the whole flock could possibly abort and from wha still you can see where a farmer is comming from with a loose dog and with sheep being so finicky they cant afford to take chances. steer clear and avoid the hassle!

DOG owners are being warned farmers can shoot their pets on sight if they are found loose in their fields.

Some dog walkers using public footpaths have not realised that it is the lambing season and have allowed their animals to roam loose where there may be pregnant ewes.

Sheep and their lambs can get anxious when they see unleashed dogs in their fields - and farmers warn that even if a dog is not causing any obvious distress, the fright can make a sheep abort her lamb.

PC Andy Marchi, community safety officer for Nuneaton, said: "Farmers can shoot dogs if they are in the same field as sheep.

They do not have to be actually worrying the sheep."

County councillor Martin Heatley, who has special responsibility for the environment, said: "As a livestock farmer... I fully endorse the ability for farmers to protect their livestock."

here in oz it is perfectly legal to shoot a dog amongst your sheep and rightly so imo. however it can and has led to very bad confrontations which of course everyone wants to avoid. if i had permission and the property owner was asking for help i would help out anyway i could short of breaking the law too badly. i would suggest harrassing them every possible time they trespass, surely eventually they will find hunting on that particular property too troublesome and find somewhere else to poach. atb.

here in oz it is perfectly legal to shoot a dog amongst your sheep and rightly so imo. however it can and has led to very bad confrontations which of course everyone wants to avoid. if i had permission and the property owner was asking for help i would help out anyway i could short of breaking the law too badly. i would suggest harrassing them every possible time they trespass, surely eventually they will find hunting on that particular property too troublesome and find somewhere else to poach. atb.

we were up the day with the oul lad and as your saying harras them is the best idea .he recons hit them were they are hitting him in their pocket.fair play .

we were up the day with the oul lad and as your saying harras them is the best idea .he recons hit them were they are hitting him in their pocket.fair play .

seen another wee squad up there today

was telling him how it happens down south somtimes cars smashed up .wats he to do th mans getting tortured.

was telling him how it happens down south somtimes cars smashed up .wats he to do th mans getting tortured.

farmer beside me has shot 3 dogs this season tho only one was a lurcher,if dogs are running lose there a chance they get shot but the farmer taking a chance when he thinks a dead dog is the end of his problems

farmer beside me has shot 3 dogs this season tho only one was a lurcher,if dogs are running lose there a chance they get shot but the farmer taking a chance when he thinks a dead dog is the end of his problems

agreed there mate.thats what ime trying to tell him .you cant go around shooting dogs in ireland ..think its a rule /

• Like 1