Blade Ssharpenes

How do you keep you blades sharp? Anyone use the blade tech?? Mine just arrived today so going to run my mora through it a few times and see how it does. Anyone else use it?

a steel and leather strop, or for the sharpest edge a green polishing wheel

personally, i'd hold your horses with the electric sharpeners.... ive not used one myself but from a friends opinion, if you leave it on a second too long or at a bad degree can damage the blade.

i've not used any other than the one i have now (Lansky LAN116) but for £45, you cant go wrong and saving a good amount compared to an electric one.
If you talk to Sporting Cutlery, they'll help guide you if you need help choosing one.

Let us know how you get on :thumbs:

• Like 1

Those blade tech things can feck up good blades,,,but there ok on cheap knifes your not arsed about,,, I have a real cheap lock knife,, stainless blade,,, that for some reason responds beautifully to the blade tech,,,, yet others I have don't ,, including my mora clipper

• Like 2

Brought the blade tech and tried it on my mora, doesnt seem to have done to bad of a job but has left a burr on 1 edge that I can feel?

finish it using a leather belt. the reverse side, use the buckle to anchor it to something then just do alternate strokes

Brought the blade tech and tried it on my mora, doesnt seem to have done to bad of a job but has left a burr on 1 edge that I can feel?

finish it using a leather belt. the reverse side, use the buckle to anchor it to something then just do alternate strokes

Good call mate. (Why don't I think of these thing) haha

will it work on a 1999 leather belt from Benidorm, the buckle is a gold colour if that helps :whistling: please say yes :laugh: