Otter E-Petition

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so there decimating fresh water stocks. And wiping out eels But you want the full protection to remain may i remind you or maybe you dont know otter hounds were NOT banned from hunting otters the

I think you’ve got to be realistic on this one; there’s absolutely no way the general public will support an otter cull. It’s just not going to happen.   People don’t understand how ecosystems work,

I think you summed it up perfectly there mate - "moderation is the key".   We all like to see them, they're a wonderful native species, I'm sure no-one wants an otter witch hunt.... But there have b

• 4 weeks later...

seen many otters on the river Tees middle and upper reaches,now the river has lost a 12 mile tidal section due to a flood barrier and the barrier also helps keep the remaining tidal water out of the fresh,unatural yes but youtube the Tees at stockton in 1977 me mother used to say if yer fall in go straight to one of the high street shops and they will RUSH yer to hospital ! yeah that bad due to industrial pollution so now we have one or two in the town on the lower reaches,very nice to see,the Tees has some massive salmon well over 30lbs every year with fish being trapped in the old school e/a fish trap estimated at 50+lb on the tees barrage,we have shoals of bream and its possable to catch well over a hundred lb + bags,we have good barbel 15lbs + now i have some pictures of a half eatne barbel by an otter,we have pike to 30lbs + once had the uk record chubb,big sea trout and our otters have always been there they have never really suffered like other animals in the coountry same can be said for the river Tyne best salmon river in england and wales sometimes as many as 40,000 + fish going thru riding mill fish counter and thats i estimate 40% of the true run plus whats caught ilegaly netted and seal food,so whats the problem with otters i dont know same as diveing birds,pike,zander etc......some anglers well pole fishermen were killing speciman pike cos they thouth the pike would eat every thing if this were true pike wouldnt have made it past the ice age would they so im all for otters and everysort of wild life

beofre we hunted them to extinction nearly and destroyed their habitat they done alright so did the fish in the said rivers and streams so wht is the problem with otters if we manage our wild life correctly like not polluteing our rivers,wipeing fish stocks etc animals like otters wont pose a threat so what if the otter get the odd salmon or barbel whatever they have to eat if we didnt make such a ass of our eel fishing the otter would be happy as larry eating them all day and night long our otters prey on lampy (LAMPREYS) and other small fish they havent caused no probs with the above rivers i mentioned,like a say the Tees has many course fish species and good sized salmon the tyne well that speaks for itself -----live and let live

Edited by skunkhead

Here's an easy solution, get rid of all the hole in the ground stocked lakes and the Otter will find it's own level. It is these 'lakes that should not be there not the otter.' How many of you eat Mcdonalds kfc etc? Well those 'lakes' holding a density of fish that is not natural, are the otters takeaway. Don't forget the carp is an intruduced species to this country.

Dont be fooled it is all about money.

TC

• Like 1