• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how i look at it, if we are lucky enough to get our hands on some good blood , its our duty not to f**k it up and thats the working side, i've had the same family of dogs since the early 80's i've lin

Good post mate .Not to undo it in any way but starting with the right stock is everything .You cannot put in what is not there in the first place .Ive no doubt some lads have turned round mediocre dog

Right this is my fathers method he had a lot of success for many many years with gamefowl and dogs .This mightn't be to everybody's to everybody's style so don't crucify me if you think its wrong ! He

yeah i agree the only way to produce consitent workers is through inbreeding and as you say dunno if people will say they do because it is looked down upon. but the only reason its got a bad name is due to people badly inbreeding and as you say outcrossing is very risky and you need to make sure you get it right.

Your wording is all wrong mate.Im hoping this isnt wasted on you but here goes .Inbreeding is a term used by those who do not understand linedreeding.To go into it would be too much too soon for you i feel insofar as to say outcrossing is very necessary to stop blood becoming too tight ,as long as you know as much about the outcross as the man that bred him and it owes at least one trace to your own .To stay too tight has the unfortunate drawback of excentuating defects that come to the forefront through recessive genes and usually spells the end of further linebreeding .Record keeping is a must as is being honest with yourself and others .Get away from the word inbreeding as this implies mis management .

• Like 4

Have u practiced it yourself? as linebreeding is a long way of going round inbreeding. with inbreeding you can bring recesive genes out and dipose of them if they are bad ones which they are not nessacerily. But usually good points are pure genes.so with inbreeding it gives you a chance to dispose of the bad genes rather than covering them up.

You need a planof what you aim you aim to achieve and how to go about it but need to adapt as things move on .Been doing it 27 years so i might know a bit by now.lol.The main thing is keeping records as to what gelled with what and how to produce that again and again.Recessive genes work both ways producing good workers as well as misfits when the match is slightly wrong .inbreeding as i see it is the unintention union of related animals.

You need a planof what you aim you aim to achieve and how to go about it but need to adapt as things move on .Been doing it 27 years so i might know a bit by now.lol.The main thing is keeping records as to what gelled with what and how to produce that again and again.Recessive genes work both ways producing good workers as well as misfits when the match is slightly wrong .inbreeding as i see it is the unintention union of related animals.

so what your saying is thats your definition of inbreeding. Not the correct definition though.The point of putting dogs back to each other i.e father to daughter then back to father again is to narrow the gene pool so you end up with less genes in the mix of what you do not want and you cannot have a strain of dogs unless they are inbred. how long have you been line breeding as you call it?

Got the meaure of you from the outset pal and its clear your not too far advanced in the brain area .I wont be explaining anything as its clear to me you are one of those twats that knows it all and seeks to educate those who really do know far more about it than your ever likely to.last post on the issue

• Like 4

Your talking a load of bollocks mate which is why i never went ito too deep .

Please, if you have some knowledge to impart that could help others to breed better dogs why dont you just come out with it or hold your insults and let others have there say..

• Like 1