The Balance Of Power

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO they all affect us, in subjectively different ways. I guess it's the argument of neoconservatism vs paleoconservatism.   Scares the shit out of me cutting our defence budget. We're getting to a

it works for some lol   joking aside, we bomb these countries and we very seldom get the target we want. there dragged out some hole or other in the latter stages,meanwhile all you see is f***ing d

The cost of deploying our armed forces in these third world dumps must have been a large percentage of the budget though which is probably why we had to scrap the harriers etc. If we had never bothere

Posted Images

See if china and Russia joined forces and decided to wipe out Britian, do you honestly think America will say, you'll need to go through us first chaps :laugh: allies :laugh: ohhhhhhh ffs :laugh:

China and Russia are twice as likely to wipe each other out before joining forces with each other and taking on the west.. This ain't WWF tag team wrestling mate! :laugh: :laugh:

I've said before it's the 'defense' budget not the attack budget.

I don't see what we gained from all the billions of pounds wasted on wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya and I don't feel we are safer as a result of them either.

Yes they are wars to change the spheres of power but has it worked?

• Like 1
But there is a replacement right? Do you think countries are thinking, quick, lets ambush Britian while they are weak lol. As for our allies, friends and foe will be decided on how much trade you can do. No pointing in investing in bombs to lie in a shed while countries around invest in their economy while ours goes down the swanny. The pen is mightier than the sword, ask India.

Ask India, the country that's investing hugely in defence to counter a growing China and at a nuclear stalemate with their Pakistani neighbours? LOL

it works for some lol

joking aside, we bomb these countries and we very seldom get the target we want. there dragged out some hole or other in the latter stages,meanwhile all you see is f***ing destruction and maimed dead kids. i used to be very patriotic and say f**k em its a shame,but they asked for it. no they didnt lol and when was the last time we trully went to war for honourable reasons. Thats a not a dig at our armed forces before anyone says. I think they are all extremely honourable people,with good intentions.

I question constantly the honour in them that send them to these places.watched a programme on mad dog gaddafi other night. shamefull how the west blatantly welcomed him,then no wait his jackets on a shaky nail.time to denounce him again lol

• Like 2

See if china and Russia joined forces and decided to wipe out Britian, do you honestly think America will say, you'll need to go through us first chaps :laugh: allies :laugh: ohhhhhhh ffs :laugh:

China and Russia are twice as likely to wipe each other out before joining forces with each other and taking on the west.. This ain't WWF tag team wrestling mate! :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: aye and our biggest allies still celebrate the 4th of July as if its Christmas, go figure :laugh: be amazed how quick friends become foes and foes become friends. Anyway, what am I saying, they don't need to join forces, anyone of them invading us we would buckle like a spaghetti bridge :laugh: let's face it, the Falklands, Britian v Argentina, on the grand scheme of things, that means as much to the super powers as socks slapping the pheasant f****r about at the midlands game fair :laugh:

Scot agreed

I was in Libya days before it kicked off and got out just before thank god. I'd worked there for just over a year and the change near the end was amazing. There was more upward mobility and wage increases for many people. When I started working there I am not kidding you had to drive to the airport to get money out of an ATM, a year later there were cash points and restaurants everywhere. Lot of investment was coming in as well.

I really didn't see what we gained from helping those fanatical maniacs take over the country.

since the collapse of communism and the fracturing of the Kremlin`s empire in eastern Europe, the world is a far more dangerous place than it was before, large amounts of very dodgy arms and nasties are available to the highest bidder. it only takes a threat to disable a country unless you can keep on top of these threats and have the force behind you to back you up when required then your going to be fair game, take the Olympics what would have happened if the forces had of not stepped in for security, you just never now whats around the corner, our armed forces are our insurance policy and to scrimp on it will only end in tears if we ever need to make a claim,

Which battles we choose to fight is something of a different discussion I suppose. Even if we chose to stay out of 99% I still feel we need a military at least as capable as we have today....

Well I agree but the way I see it having those pointless wars is partly responsible for wasting the budget which is why we are having to cut back.

The Russians and Chinese must have been rubbing their hands when we went in to Afghanistan and Iraq

• Like 1

But there is a replacement right? Do you think countries are thinking, quick, lets ambush Britian while they are weak lol. As for our allies, friends and foe will be decided on how much trade you can do. No pointing in investing in bombs to lie in a shed while countries around invest in their economy while ours goes down the swanny. The pen is mightier than the sword, ask India.

Ask India, the country that's investing hugely in defence to counter a growing China and at a nuclear stalemate with their Pakistani neighbours? LOL

Aye born, at the expensive of their economy they have done that :rolleyes: they are even in the space race ffs something we could never afford.

Well I agree but the way I see it having those pointless wars is partly responsible for wasting the budget which is why we are having to cut back.

The Russians and Chinese must have been rubbing their hands when we went in to Afghanistan and Iraq

All part of the master plan to westernise these places before they become 'Easternised' LOL. 21stC empire building. Not saying I agree but that's what it is, rightly or wrongly.

We can sit back and let the rest of the world sort themselves out. Still need our military capability though, the Falklands proved that to me. We have responsibilites all over the planet, our armed forces ensure we can uphold those responsibilites.

Simple..... A return to the British empire (Obviously not including Jockland this time) murder, rape and pillage the entire world. Before embarking on said carnage spree destroy the worlds major capitals with thermonuclear weapons then enslave everyone left :thumbs:

Ban Islam and make anyone who professes to be a Mussie shovel pig shit the rest of their lives :victory: