Move To Eire?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just like Greece the EU allowed Ireland to borrow money at low rates which they did (without a thought to how it would be paid off) and now the money has run out the artificially high value of the Eur

here take a look at this shower of pricks,the council clamping THE COUNCILS BIN LORRY ffs sake,says it all.Im too old to move anywhere(and completely broke).just talking to a carpenter an hour ago,he

and clipo its always there for him to return to,but if you want to do justice to the skills and have determination to be wealthy and successfull,its almost mandatory to emigrate.were told we all went

:laugh::feck: MC.no good trying to hide yer feelings for me,lol..we were at one time only feet apart and you survived so your safe for the time being.thanks neil,lol.I have a son here thtats graduated from college with a degree,he is in a very secure job in the engineering sector,and after his tax ,hes on only ok money.in other countries around the world he could be on almost triple the money.yet he doesnt want to go,but as It is it loks like he may have to to have any chance of doing justice to his education.My youngest son is doing the same course,he will no doubt be put in the same situation,The young folk have no chance of geting on the property ladder or getting ahead in this country.emigration is the only hope i believe to have a half decent life.

:laugh::feck: MC.no good trying to hide yer feelings for me,lol..we were at one time only feet apart and you survived so your safe for the time being.thanks neil,lol.I have a son here thtats graduated from college with a degree,he is in a very secure job in the engineering sector,and after his tax ,hes on only ok money.in other countries around the world he could be on almost triple the money.yet he doesnt want to go,but as It is it loks like he may have to to have any chance of doing justice to his education.My youngest son is doing the same course,he will no doubt be put in the same situation,The young folk have no chance of geting on the property ladder or getting ahead in this country.emigration is the only hope i believe to have a half decent life.

the grass is always greener :thumbs:

the grass is always greener :thumbs:

id say it isnt always greener on the other side!!! imagine moving from rural ireland to industrial bradford lol your homes your home at the end of the day.......... :thumbs:

and clipo its always there for him to return to,but if you want to do justice to the skills and have determination to be wealthy and successfull,its almost mandatory to emigrate.were told we all went mad over here,well ive still the same house with me transit(hardly classy,lol).ive not had a holiday in years,and thats fine,but the government would love to turn the tables and say its our fault that this place is bled dry.they gave huge loans to folk who hadnt a hope of paying it back.This time paulus I believe with a college degree and the education a lot of the young folk have over here,the grass is most definately greener for the time being.....cause its washed away here from the rain :laugh:

• Like 4

We moved to West Cork in 1986, bought an old farmhouse on 5 acres for 10,500 punts. Did the full self sufficiency bit & reared two sons.

You have definitely missed the real old Ireland, our old neighbours are long dead, honest & straight, lovely friendly. welcoming people.

I've only been back to England four times , the traffic & crowds are the things I noticed. If you were to move into a quiet area then there isn't the crime you might have in England.

Work, even part time, is hard to come by.

The country is broke, unless you are a politician, who are all crooks to a man.

I'll never go back to England, I never thought the country would go further right wing than it did under Thatcher, Cameron's little fascist state is finished for the working man.

• Like 1

My dads from Ireland but I haven't been back there since I was 18 years old...........that's quite a few years. I have to say that I loved it, I had a great time, my cousins took me out to a club, I had no problems at all, it was a friendly fantastic place, the only embarrassing moment was my dad forgetting the words to Danny Boy at the local rugby club, he's dry now so he would probably remember the words if he had to do it again :laugh:. We considered moving there all those years ago, in the early 90's but never did. If Irelands gone down hill that much, then sad times indeed :cray:

My wife and I have been looking at properties in Eire and have been talking about going over for a long holiday for sometime. We both have historical links to Eire so I guess thats were my mad passion for hunting and dogs comes from...

We quite fancy the East coast, as considering travel for relatives visiting and for ourselves going back for visits.

I would be really interested to hear from any of the lads on here as to the things we should be looking out for and issues we perhaps hadnt considered,

I have looked at the education system as we have a 5 year old lad (Hayden Connor, how Celt is that.) and would be looking to move for life, not just pop over for holidays...

I know the weather is not that of the South of France or Spain but we are attracted by what appears to be a more tranquil pace of life.

As I have a pension coming in, work would not be something we would have to worry about straight away, as I would be happy to just do some part time work to keep me sane..

Whats the shooting and hunting like over their? Is it more popular due to the general rural layout of Ireland?

Would be intrested to hear from people over in Ireland or perhaps even people who have moved over themselves..

Many thanks

are you furkin mad,lol....if you like geting raped at every turn,go for it.the government are liars and thieves,the weather is shit,and in general the place is in the shit.....................but if you have money and dont mind paying tripple for everything then its a great place.stay away from mid east,you'll be too close to Dublin,full of chancers :laugh: ...stay away from west, its barren and full of sheep.stay away from limerick as its a ticking time bomb,lol the only place to live is southern ireland,lots of sporting gentlemen and kind folk.But all in all Id be inclined to stay away from here completely if I could :laugh: .GREAT PLACE IF YOUR WEALTHY THOUGH AND DONT MIND STEPING ON YOUR FELLOW MAN :tongue2:

Stay well away from southern ireland,only goat humping hillbillys living down there,remind you of that film,DELIVERENCE,lol.

• Like 2

squeal like a pig boy,lol...you lot up there in the middle of nowhere,with yer itty bitty towns secluded from the real world will never know the joys of built up suburbia.come on down boys the waters fine lol

So basically what the Irish folk are saying here in a round about sort of way is....."we're not wanting any English here, f**k off!!"....lol

• Like 3

So basically what the Irish folk are saying here in a round about sort of way is....."we're not wanting any English here, f**k off!!"....lol

feelings mutual ;) im hoping scotland do get independence after reading this!!! Edited by clipo