Waterlogged!!!

Went for a mooch on a golf course permission and everywhere was soaked,couldn't really go anywhere without loudly squelching and splashing,couple of times I stepped in ankle deep puddles when wasn't looking where I was going properly! And to top it off I missed the only shot I had all the time I was there,looks like some static lamping needs to be planned out til everywhere dries out a tad I reckon,well moan over....

Until the weekend when I can get on a dairy farm which will no doubt be even worse!...

everywere is waterlogged atm n will be for quite abit to come there big ponds all over the tops of fields were i live but been shooting off the lanes n bin doing alright but trying to walk and stalk there off theres hardly been any wind either which doesnt help

I've actually seriously been considering getting the Kayak out for some catty hunting. Tried to sneak up of a pigeon yesterday eve and made so much flipping noise. SQEALUUUUCH SLAP SQEALUUUCH!!! Gave up after that. My feet are actually getting stuck down to the ankles and I've got my welly stuck a few times!

we have all had days like that buddy,i was out the other week for about 5 hours,didn't see one rabbit.and the only shot i had was into the ground to make me rifle safe.however i did see a squizzer which i had been waiting for a couple of hours,i coudlnt get a clean shot,and as it was drawing to the end of the day si popped up asked what i spotted "squizzer" says i,gave him a reference point in the tree,he had a clear shot,but missed :laugh: that will teach him for poaching my shot :laugh:

its been very slow at the moment apart from the rats,but i am unable to go shooting,because i have sciatica :censored::censored: painful is that!

still roll on the spring,then summer round the corner :thumbs: happy hunting lads!

• Like 1

we have all had days like that buddy,i was out the other week for about 5 hours,didn't see one rabbit.and the only shot i had was into the ground to make me rifle safe.however i did see a squizzer which i had been waiting for a couple of hours,i coudlnt get a clean shot,and as it was drawing to the end of the day si popped up asked what i spotted "squizzer" says i,gave him a reference point in the tree,he had a clear shot,but missed :laugh: that will teach him for poaching my shot :laugh:

its been very slow at the moment apart from the rats,but i am unable to go shooting,because i have sciatica :censored::censored: painful is that!

still roll on the spring,then summer round the corner :thumbs: happy hunting lads!

The damp cold days of winter gets to everyone in the building trade Davy. Hibernation or a change of vocation is needed.

As a retired ex construction industry worker myself I take two ibuprofen tablets just to get me down the stairs in the morning.

The other morning after an early shoot I slipped heavily onto to my back on waterlogged turf getting into to my parked car, I spent the next two days in agony.

Regards, Steve.

Buy a canoe chaps!

Myself I will stick to this, floats in shin deep water!

photo1_zps58c16ff4.jpg

Size 15 feet, I'm always remarked on how my shoes are like canoes, however, even I'm having trouble sliding around these fields :(

• Like 1

Buy a canoe chaps!

Myself I will stick to this, floats in shin deep water!

photo1_zps58c16ff4.jpg

Size 15 feet, I'm always remarked on how my shoes are like canoes, however, even I'm having trouble sliding around these fields :(

hopefully by the time your down my ends the weather should be better lo but if not bring a spare shoe so i can use it as a cayac lol haha

• Like 1

Buy a canoe chaps!

Myself I will stick to this, floats in shin deep water!photo1_zps58c16ff4.jpg

hopefully by the time your down my ends the weather should be better lo but if not bring a spare shoe so i can use it as a cayac lol haha

Let's hope not as it'd be easier to sail there at this rate ;) haha

Had any luck yourself?

Yea been good pal just started lamping my perms and it's been heaving with bunnies been restricted because it's stables during the day and the weathers dont help cos they here you coming a mile away def need a lamping partner tho we'll awkward on ya todo but good fun all the same! How about you?