Before The Saluki

What was the best breed for coursing in england before the saluki came over sea's on big land. Been told deerhound greyhound x beddi greyhound. Is there anybody on here that ran on big land before the saluki got put into the breeding for coursing dogs?

The greyhound was the animal originally bred to Catch hares before money and egos got involved after that the grey was bred to beat another dog to the first turn , to do that grey were bred to have huge muscle mass and over powering drive , the original target to catch the hare got lost along the way , sad but true

• Like 4

I'd say greyhounds be quicker than any dog off the mark but it's weather or not they could hold it is say the best dogs years ago were the mongrels of mongrels not knowing what was in them lol I've a saluki bull beddy Wheaton Irish terrier grey with bita harrier hound in her n I like to call her a bitza.. Bitza this bitza that she's brilliant we dog Lamping ferreting daytime running still to prov herself on teeth still young tho 15 months