Metal Detecting

iv recently been getting into metal detecting, and am currently looking to buy my first detector - on the cheap for around 50 quid, although im not experienced using one i dont really want a crap one which will only detect coins to 2-3 " ect, so iv been looking on ebay, at c-scopes or a viking, i may stretch and get a used garret im not sure yet. i was just wondering if anyone else goes metal detecting, what they use, or what they'd advise for me ect, also what is your 3 best finds ? cheers guys ATB FTS

get a garret 250. they hold their value and you can sell it for what you paid if you get bored or up grade. prob about 120 second hand.

I find coins in every field, cant believe whats out there, most of it valueless but coins from the past 300 years on every trip out.

had 3 silver hammered, all Elizabeth the 1st. 1560ish

whats the average depth on coins on the garret 150 and the garret 250 ? has anyone got a used garret forsale ? pm if so im looking to pay around £100 for a used garret 250 or am i a bit tight :laugh: . have a peek at deep digger dan on you tube ( tanks) machine guns) silver) gold ) the list goes on.....) unbelivable !the amount of places i come accross which hasent seen man for years you wouldnt belive. iv done a bit of reasurch on my own area along with my surrounding area so have a good idea as where to dig ect, just need to get an half decent metal dectector along with a few weeks experience, ( cant wait ) :thumbs: let me know guys if anyone has a decent metal detector forsale used for a reasonable price, or part ex for a laptop or somthing you require ect , thanks FTS

I've got a Viking, I've only used it twice and all I found was old nails etc and soon got bored. I lent it to a lad at wrk who's the chairman of the youth football club as they kept loosing the pegs for the nets and they were getting caught in the mowers ect and he found loads of loose change and a diamond ring! I'll try dig it out if you want? I'll have to ask the wife first as she bought it me as a birthday present and I'm not sure how much she paid but I can't really see me using it again?

You get on ctts digs dido ?

Iv just been to 2 digs that were advertised in detecting mags, think they were weekend wanderers.

whats the average depth on coins on the garret 150 and the garret 250 ? has anyone got a used garret forsale ? pm if so im looking to pay around £100 for a used garret 250 or am i a bit tight :laugh: . have a peek at deep digger dan on you tube ( tanks) machine guns) silver) gold ) the list goes on.....) unbelivable !the amount of places i come accross which hasent seen man for years you wouldnt belive. iv done a bit of reasurch on my own area along with my surrounding area so have a good idea as where to dig ect, just need to get an half decent metal dectector along with a few weeks experience, ( cant wait ) :thumbs: let me know guys if anyone has a decent metal detector forsale used for a reasonable price, or part ex for a laptop or somthing you require ect , thanks FTS

6-8" maybe. getting good depth isnt always the most important thing, no matter what the mrs says.

defo wouldnt get cheaper or more basic than the 250

With your buget i would buy a used ace 250 this is not a toy it's the best entry level detector out there and it will find you plenty of stuffl. Also i would join one of the metal detecting forum's Detecting Wale's would be a good starting point for you, and most have a forsale section.

atb stevie