Dear Mr Mink . . .

Comparing mink and a pit bull is just insane........ On the other thread about a mink could kill a pitt is just ridiculous

I admire what you have done with the mink but at the end of the day they ain't nothing on well bred terrier and defo nothing on a well bred Pitt.......I don't no about the ones over in the USA but the ones in the British isles ....there isn't a mink alive what will stand up to a Pitt ....carry on with your mink mate I wish u all the best but get your head out of your arse

And as for saying that a game terrier what takes game there own weight are an exception.........we'll that explains why the Americans have are terriers shipped over because the terriers what have been bred in Britain have been working quarry single handed against formidable quarry for a long time

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right so I thought I would have a crack at ending all of this bollocks. . . .   So I decided to start a post and try to answer some of your questions.   Let me begin by saying, you have absolutely

John Gaunt. Died in 1924 age 73.   Worked on the railways as a rat catcher and used foxes amoungst his terriers to catch the rats with.       http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/frontend.php?ke

Posted Images

Minkenry I think that what you have achieved with you mink is ground braking I've never seen anything like it and I give you the respect you deserve for this. Further more I think you should write a book about what you have done, why and how to help improve/promote the sport you love. However I think that you should stick to what you know and make no comparisons to ferrets or ferreting or even write about them at all even if it is only a few paragraphs as you clearly know very little about them, the bits you have shown us so far about ferrets could have been easily written by my 12 year old son after his first ferreting trip. If a piece about ferrets is important to the make up of the book do as Ideation suggested previously and get a guest writer who is well versed in the world of ferret to do that piece for you. Your book will be better for it.

• Like 2

"That would be a good idea if I wanted a name for myself, or wanted to be looked upon as a wise teacher."

The above is what I think you are looking for already! I'm with alot of people on here, what you do is great and I could'nt do it.. But please a book!? A thing that you would make money from, a thing that would get your name out there. I enjoy watching your youtube videos and admire your work but please leave it at that.

Horses are flighty because their relatively recent ancestors were prey animals who inhabited wide open spaces with no cover and they were preyed on by animals with big teeth and big claws.. ..or so some horse whisperer dude said on some program I watched a few years back! :laugh: :laugh:

Wonder if there's anything about ferrets in a certain book that a certain member advised me to get a few years back.. :hmm::whistling::tongue2:

My point exactly :laugh:

How the hell do you domesticate something that either runs like f**k away from you or starts trying to stomp ya head into the ground while hamstringing you :laugh:

I ask myself every morning when I walk into work and have 21 of them staring at me!

"That would be a good idea if I wanted a name for myself, or wanted to be looked upon as a wise teacher."

The above is what I think you are looking for already! I'm with alot of people on here, what you do is great and I could'nt do it.. But please a book!? A thing that you would make money from, a thing that would get your name out there. I enjoy watching your youtube videos and admire your work but please leave it at that.

You're right. This sport has been practiced by so many people, and for so long. It will be just another book in the pile that has already been written on the subject. Why add to the pile? All those people who are asking me to write a book on the sport, I should just tell them to read one of the many other books that covers minkenry, instead of writing one of my own, selfishly trying to both make some money and at the same time boost my ego. I totally see your point.

From now on when someone from You Tube starts asking me a big list of questions, which happens 4 or 5 times a week, I'll either take the time to answer each question one by one, or I can just tell them to walk down to their local library and check out one of the many books on the subject.....

I totally see your point now! Thank for opening my eyes!

Edited by Minkenry

You're right. This sport has been practiced by so many people, and for so long. It will be just another book in the pile that has already been written on the subject. Why add to the pile? All those people who are asking me to write a book on the sport, I should just tell them to read one of the many other books that covers minkenry, instead of writing one of my own, selfishly trying to both make some money and at the same time boost my ego. I totally see your point.

From now on when someone from You Tube starts asking me a big list of questions, which happens 4 or 5 times a week, I'll either take the time to answer each question one by one, or I can just tell them to walk down to their local library and check out one of the many books on the subject.....

I totally see your point now! Thank for opening my eyes!

post-26552-0-29714200-1389805184_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

hey mr minkster,been reading your stuff for a while I think youe really talented with them mink for sure, you don't here many places in uk wat do wat you do,but your spoiling yourself goin on and on and on,firstly you know nothing of the English way , but you go on about are animals like you know them?lets put one thing straight maty our way of life two yours is different , over here they are born hunters,and thers nothing like English lads we are the best not bigheaded or ignorant like your been lately,so if you want win friends with the English lads, oack that in mate, talk about your mink and how they are progresein, and wat you have caught etc etc, that's wat they wanner here,noy bullshit mateywe don't wear thatyou even got that perth keeper wound up , and I don't know that man, and they take some windeing up them keepers unless ya [poaching on his land lol take advice mate else you will end up beem hated , stick two the good things you do , alb steve........