Future Busher

bullx100%

have you not considered beagle x spaniel bullx100% a mate bred a litter a few years ago and by all accounts there doing really well. high prey drive, good nose and very biddable look at some of foxpacks post on here. might be something worth looking into. atb in your search mate :thumbs:

i don't think the Begal would suit any of my needs to be honest pal as noting my luck I'd end up with the pup what takes after the begal and will be running after it cursing its name while it's doing what it has been bred to do.i want something for close up work and don't need anything that's going to hold a line....
  • Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was in same position, cant get on with spaniels they make me dizzy. Can handle terriers but much prefer bolters if they are gonna drop in. Don't need hound blood so that wasn't an option. In end I b

We've got a few little Russells in our bushing team and they are cracking little dogs I swear by them for bushing very obedient and never drop in they will mark for a earth dog to be dropped in I can'

they make life easy

I ain't sorry and the dam is agein rapidly now or I'd a took another litter for mates as a few are begging for them tbh. If and it's a big if they keep going way they are tho I may breed off 1 a them in future. Just don't rush in and Summat will turn up

I ain't sorry and the dam is agein rapidly now or I'd a took another litter for mates as a few are begging for them tbh. If and it's a big if they keep going way they are tho I may breed off 1 a them in future. Just don't rush in and Summat will turn up

well I have a while now to think about what I need and what will be best for me so im in no rush mate.....

We've got a few little Russells in our bushing team and they are cracking little dogs I swear by them for bushing very obedient and never drop in they will mark for a earth dog to be dropped in I can't think of going bushing with out them

• Like 2

I used to use a first cross spaniel terrier. No problem going to ground, would pick up squatters live and retrieve. Good nose, on fur and feather. Always found woodcock. Easy as anything to train for obedience too, was spaniel luke in its ability to learn and terrier headed too.

Really didnt appreciate this dog at the time, and since starting again after years, from scratch. Im sorely missing her there. But as a dog to flush to the runners, ferret and potentially shoot over if I ever need another I would go for this type again hands down.

I used to use a first cross spaniel terrier. No problem going to ground, would pick up squatters live and retrieve. Good nose, on fur and feather. Always found woodcock. Easy as anything to train for obedience too, was spaniel luke in its ability to learn and terrier headed too.

Really didnt appreciate this dog at the time, and since starting again after years, from scratch. Im sorely missing her there. But as a dog to flush to the runners, ferret and potentially shoot over if I ever need another I would go for this type again hands down.

would it give voice in cover when on a good scent??

1/2 spaniel should give you something that wont go miles, plus a trainable type in my opinion.

Half spaniel half terrier?

Wouldn't this type be able get to ground tho? I no a lad who's mate bred a litter of spaniel Russell's and the majority of the litter will go to ground....ever if they come out after an hour or so I couldn't cope with that.lol

Its a gamble I guess. The ones I had didnt follow foxes under. And the terrier part was from proper digging dogs. I also like the cur type, like those hot meat bred, a good spaniel over one of those wee curs when its ready should do the trick lol

Think I'll end up going along the lines of spaniel terrier and still collar the dog up just incase worse does happen.....altho I'd much prefer something very similar to hotmeats I could be waiting a fair few years for a breeding like that to come up..

Think I'll end up going along the lines of spaniel terrier and still collar the dog up just incase worse does happen.....altho I'd much prefer something very similar to hotmeats I could be waiting a fair few years for a breeding like that to come up..

you wont go far wrong :thumbs: