.177 Hw97Kt Tuned And V-Glide

Hi folks.

This is my 97 I bought last summer.

I've completely stripped, cleaned, polished, fixed the spring guide to the end block, tuned the trigger etc and bought a beautiful V-Glide from Steve Pope of V-Mach.

Its shoots bleeding accurately and has had a bit of weight added to the stock, not a gun for the noodle arms department at nearly 13 pounds scoped but nearly no recoil and as smooth a my mother in laws thighs.

Added a brass trigger guard and screws for a bit of bling and an adjustable butt pad.

Chuffed to bits with its performance and looks.

Atb

Chris.

post-56805-0-25951700-1388430087_thumb.jpg

post-56805-0-28925100-1388430105_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Its not had a chance to bed in yet (not even a hundred pellets so far) but the fps spread was 13 over 20 shots averaging 11.4 fpe.

Its not hold sensitive either and I can shoot in a nice relaxed manner with not too much focus on getting everything bang on down to the slow heart beat stuff.

Its f***ing awesome dudes?

Love is in the air dadada da da da. :laugh::boogy::thumbs::bye::laugh: :laugh:

Right dudes I'm at a funny place though as I have an 80, 2 - 97s and a lovely wee 57 that no longer need work done and I've realised that the fettling and tuning is part of the passion.

Don't know where to go now in the man cave.

Do I spend the rest of my days in the field or do I split it up and get something else in to the man cave to go mad about and work daft hours on with a cheesy grin and a must do more to make this better attitude.

Best regards from the mad Jock.

P.S. My wife commented on how much I've changed over the last 20 years.

She said that in my early 20s I'd not leave the house without spotless expensive perfectly pressed clothes and hair immaculate and never smile, always focussed and intense.

We were in Aldi yesterday and she saw this 45 year old rugged bloke with a rough look and a twinkle in his eyes, blood stains on his scruffy camo troosers hair a mess and a huge happy smile and realised that this was the bloke she knew I really was and loved madly.

Clever lassy my missis!

All the best chums.

Chris.

• Like 3

You know what Skot, I've been thinking a bit of wood is on the cards once I get some pennies together, It'll get a pound of lead shoved into it to get things nice and stable though. :thumbs:

I still reckon the plastic muck holds a better zero though pal.

Can't be sure but this thing is cock on for now.

C

Not sure how the stock is responsible for holding zero.. isnt that more to do with scope and mounts.?

The hw97k i have at the min with the hawke sport hd has had the same zero after i set it up after mounting hasnt shifted at all.

And when i had the same scope on my hw77k it never shifted neither..

But my old 97kt synthetic always seemed to need re zeroing after every outing?

Maybe that just had a dodgy scope.

My hw100kt is pretty solid on holding zero aswel with the panorama.

• Like 1

Not sure how the stock is responsible for holding zero.. isnt that more to do with scope and mounts.?

The hw97k i have at the min with the hawke sport hd has had the same zero after i set it up after mounting hasnt shifted at all.

The wooden stock is suseptable to expansion and contraction in different temperatures which I have read can be enought to change the poi. I'm maybe being a bit ott. Still fancy the ambi wooden one though. Might place a swap ad and see wat happens.

C

The wooden stock is suseptable to expansion and contraction in different temperatures which I have read can be enought to change the poi. I'm maybe being a bit ott. Still fancy the ambi wooden one though. Might place a swap ad and see wat happens.

C

god knows. too technical for me lol.. if zeros off it only takes a few shots to sort it :)

and I always check before shooting anything alive anyways.

and I love just plinking hehe :D

• Like 1

You know what Skot, I've been thinking a bit of wood is on the cards once I get some pennies together, It'll get a pound of lead shoved into it to get things nice and stable though. :thumbs:

I still reckon the plastic muck holds a better zero though pal.

Can't be sure but this thing is cock on for now.

C

hi Chris

i think if you get your hands on some wood,from previous posts of yours,i think it will be done to perfection :thumbs:

• Like 1

That's a massive compliment from a springer god such as your self sir.

I've said it before and I'll say it again its yourself and a few other dedicated experts that inspire and humble us less experienced lads on here.

Cheers and all the best for 2014 dude. :thumbs: :thumbs: :bye:

Chris.

Edited by thursodog

That's a massive compliment from a springer god such as your self sir.

I've said it before and I'll say it again its yourself and a few other dedicated experts that inspire and humble us less experienced lads on here.

Cheers and all the best for 2014 dude. :thumbs: :thumbs: :bye:

Chris.

lol and i bet you have herd i shoot H&NFTT's out of my arse! :laugh::laugh:

just a lad who knows little compared to some i know :thumbs:

if i can video it,and it helps air gunners then that's good enough for me :thumbs:

have a good 2014 :thumbs:

• Like 1