How Long Will Rabbits Last Gutted?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're only staying a few days skin them,wrap them up,pop round to your local Iceland stash them in the bottom of a couple of their freezers and return on January 2nd when they're reopen and collec

Hung up individually outside ,,, with the temp as it is now ,, I would still and do eat one 5 days later

good ferreted rabbs chucked in a heap,,,piss poor they will not set,,,there going off strait away,,,

just crack on ask if you can have half hour in the kitchen tidy up make em a coffee job done ...

problem is freezing them , I can prepare them later when there in bed its just if she sees them in the freezer in the morning there will be war :blink: and everything in there might be fecked out :icon_eek: . Same woman wont handle raw chicken :blink:

Im sure your dad will know a few oaps locally that would love a rabbit free of charge to make a stew.the old dears love to get their hands on some to make a traditional stew,offer them skinned to them.

I will have to ask him. T.b.h i would skin them all and give them all away before letting them go off thats why i asked on here :thumbs:

If you're only staying a few days skin them,wrap them up,pop round to your local Iceland stash them in the bottom of a couple of their freezers and return on January 2nd when they're reopen and collect... jobs a good one...don't forget your bonus card!

• Like 3

just crack on ask if you can have half hour in the kitchen tidy up make em a coffee job done ...

problem is freezing them , I can prepare them later when there in bed its just if she sees them in the freezer in the morning there will be war :blink: and everything in there might be fecked out :icon_eek: . Same woman wont handle raw chicken :blink:

I would manage her expectations,bloody hell mine are gutted straight away,hung for at least four days unless its really cold then about a week,when the weathers cold they are hung on the back wall of the house,and sod them, everyone who comes to the house walks past them and no one complains, you can get a meter from bushwear that you hang on the meat,to tell you when its at its optimium time for hanging dont know if it is any good mind,she wont say nothing about it, to be fair to my other half wont interfear and she eats what I kill,

Thats well and good Darren with it being your house and all, this aint mine if it was mine there would be no issue :thumbs:

Point taken mate,I suppose I take alot for granted, it must be awkward I dont envy you,

Its no biggie mate , I am only here for the holidays and have my own place to go home to where I can do as i like :D . Since you mentioned hanging the rabbits , do you find much difference in the meat after hanging ? I have never hung a rabbit always told there was no need :thumbs: