Lamping Advice/help

soon as he gets his first one mate he will be sound went out with my 9 month old pup tonight as just getting him used to it and gt 2 bunnies

nice one andy
went out last night got fcuking drenched mate wind in face and pissing it down but the pups coming on well mate
nice one and the weather was shocking I didn't fancy it at all maybe a couple of days

was alright till we got to the end of the walk then started we had about a 4mile walk back was hard work

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go out on a good windy night bit like tonight and get right on top of them let him get a sitter that should bump him up no far slips what so ever only close ones from now on build his confidence up

yes rabbits are nippy on there mate ya dogs only young mate best option is a slightly rough field where the rabbit can't run as fast where about do ya live mate I am from doncaster too I could pop ove

You have pm

soon as he gets his first one mate he will be sound went out with my 9 month old pup tonight as just getting him used to it and gt 2 bunnies

nice one andy
went out last night got fcuking drenched mate wind in face and pissing it down but the pups coming on well mate
nice one and the weather was shocking I didn't fancy it at all maybe a couple of days

was alright till we got to the end of the walk then started we had about a 4mile walk back was hard work
4 miles that's nowt we do at least double that for a couple of runs don't get in till daft o'clock lol

Go out on a good windy night bit like tonight and get right on top of them let him get a sitter that should bump him up no far slips what so ever only close ones from now on build his confidence up

Hi yeah I have been taking him out on windy nights and have been near enough on top of the rabbit before letting him go but just not connecting last night he chased one from the middle of the field to end and back again and still didn't catch. Al keep at with him.

Do you think the type of ground could be easier as running him on cattle pasture at the min? Tried some soft farm ground but the rabbits were abit lamp shy and forgot the filter.

Thanks for the comments guys atb

yes rabbits are nippy on there mate ya dogs only young mate best option is a slightly rough field where the rabbit can't run as fast where about do ya live mate I am from doncaster too I could pop over one night up to you and its a must don't go out on moon lit nights rabbits have a far better chance of getting home its all about ya dog at this stage.pm me if ya like

thats very good of you gafer :thumbs:

nice one andy
4 miles that's nowt we do at least double that for a couple of runs don't get in till daft o'clock lol

got some new unspoilt land mate that hasnt seen a dog mate so theres everything all over so running from first till the last field mate you should come down for a night out mate

Edited by andy97

nice one andy

got some new unspoilt land mate that hasnt seen a dog mate so theres everything all over so running from first till the last field mate you should come down for a night out mate
sounds like a plan Andy count me in chief

IMO forget 'sitters'......the type of field is more important than a squatter.....find a field with a nice tight sheepwire fence with grass growing through, or a drystone wall. Send the dog out to rabbits whilst you lamp from the place where they're heading for. Don't shine into the dogs eyes, just the rabbits, if possible. Always try and send him out rather than walking him out on the slip. :victory:

• Like 1