Daystate Wolverine .303

Hi Craig, i too own the Woverine, why , because i can, i wanted the Benjamin Rogue .357 but my FEO

said no , but you can have the .303, its a fantastic gun great looking ,and very accurate too,i get 15-18 full power shots

its great fun, my other fac airguns are the daystate air ranger.22 @40fpe and the bullpup Kalbrgun Cricket .22 @28fpe

this is also my nv gun. enjoy the Wolverine Craig.

atb Brian

Hi Craig, i too own the Woverine, why , because i can, i wanted the Benjamin Rogue .357 but my FEO

said no , but you can have the .303, its a fantastic gun great looking ,and very accurate too,i get 15-18 full power shots

its great fun, my other fac airguns are the daystate air ranger.22 @40fpe and the bullpup Kalbrgun Cricket .22 @28fpe

this is also my nv gun. enjoy the Wolverine Craig.

atb Brian

Hi Brian,

Yeah it's a awesome rifle, my FEO put me down for the Benjamin calibre but I'm not going to get one now.

My wolverine is going to be used for long range rabbits and fox's that keep in getting in and around the small holding. No more than 50 yard shots.

It's a super piece of kit.

All very interesting stuff, could you please enlighten me as to why the feo would say no to the Benjamin .357 Bunniman? what was his reasoning behind that? I know these things fire a large slug, but compared with even a light varmint cf calibre, like a .22hornet for instance running at 700-800 ftlbs they are pop guns in the scheme of things, I dont mean to demean them in any way I am just genuinely interested in why would he be adverse to what is still a very low powered projectile.

Edited by charlie caller

All very interesting stuff, could you please enlighten me as to why the feo would say no to the Benjamin .357 Bunniman? what was his reasoning behind that? I know these things fire a large slug, but compared with even a light varmint cf calibre, like a .22hornet for instance running at 700-800 ftlbs they are pop guns in the scheme of things, I dont mean to demean them in any way I am just genuinely interested in why would he be adverse to what is still a very low powered projectile.

but would do alot more dammage t close range than the 22 as energy trnfere would be greater with the 357

Well I beg to differ, lets look at a .22 hornet as an example, a 35 grain vmax bullet can be pushed at 3100fps resulting in 747ftlbs energy, and after seeing what that explosive projectile does to foxes @ 100 yards, I find it very hard to see how a big heavy low powered slug at around a 100flbs or so can do more damage, it simply cannot, take for instance the effect of bullets on deer, my .243 firing a light 80 grain bullet at high velocity, can result in a lot more meat damage than say a .30-06 firing a 160grain bullet at lower velocity, even though the .30-06 is more powerful, I am not trying to be pedantic or in any way demean these very interesting air guns which I am sure are very good at what they do, my interest lies,as I said earlier in the feo and his decision not to allow Bunniman a .375 airgun, you see Andy 97 the energy transfer simply cannot be greater, from a large heavy slow moving projectile making around a 100ftlbs or so, compared with a light fast explosive projectile making close to 800ftlbs, it is impossible, and thats why I am curious.

I had one on my ticket but then stuck a variation in for another .22lr simply due to the fact there arent any good secondhand ones about & it was gonna take me a while to save up for a new one cos I keep buying other stuff

Would love to own one one day.

I had mine on ticket for vermin inc foxes too btw :thumbs:

Darryl

• Like 1

its immense, i think more accurate than my .22LR

You have to keep still in mind that its a very very powerful rifle, respect the back stop more so than ever. I have a few high chairs i shoot from.

I use Hollow tips 55gr for foxes and the Daystate .303 50 grain for rabbits and the like

It's max 50 yards for that sort of game. The yanks shoot fox too, with them

For rabbits 80 plus.

And Paulus, it's a matter of choice. I'm sure if you saw something you liked you'd work hard to get it....I put my ass on the line every day of the week to buy this. Which is why it's all the more lovely.

I would agree with you there mate...except about the ass. We say arse in Britain. Ass is a kind of horse I think that seems to confuse the yanks.