Noise Complaint. What Can They Do?

I got my first lurcher pup on Friday. He started off brilliant no whining or anything, after I gave him his last feed of the night and left him he started whining. It went in for no more than 30 minutes. The same happened every time I left him on Saturday and Sunday and Monday morning. Last night and this morning after a short walk I fed him and he was great and I didn't hear a thing.

Now sometime yesterday he must of been getting pretty vocal because in the evening I had a call from the council dog warden about the noise. I was out at the time and he read my mrs the riot act prettying saying they will install noise monitoring devices etc and they will have the power to cease the dog if it persists. Does anybody know if it's more of a threat?

I once complained daily about a neighbours dog. Whining from 11 at night til 5 or 6 in the morning because he'd lock him in the house and go out all night and they didn't do nothing about his dog.

Any advice would be most appreciated. Cheers

Edited by lewi

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this i carnt fcuking stand there a bunch of wan@ers mate i had the same happen by a piss head next door but one council actually came round and said if i dont quiet him down theyll have to remove him

http://www.southbucks.gov.uk/environment_planning/environmental_health_and_protection/animal_welfare_pests_and_nuisance/dog_barking_noise.aspx

The Terminator strikes again. One ruthless b*****d! Walshie won't be happy he didn't get to do it

this i carnt fcuking stand there a bunch of wan@ers mate i had the same happen by a piss head next door but one council actually came round and said if i dont quiet him down theyll have to remove him but the thing is it was the odd bark he then grassed me up for dropping pidgeons in the garden i knew he was working on the side and actually filmed him working and carried on shooting in the garden he came round carrying on so told him and showed him the footage never had a problem since i was just going to slap him but would have had the old bill round for sure find out who ha the problem and go from there mate

• Like 1

once complained daily about a neighbours dog. Whining from 11 at night til 5 or 6 in the morning because he'd lock him in the house and go out all night and they didn't do nothing about his dog.I'm thinking what goes around comes around.....

Aye you think that. It is a different neighbour by the way The bloke in question locked the dog in all night nearly every night of the week while he went over to his birds house and trust me listening to that dog howling all hours of the night when there was a new born baby in my house is a totally different story. so it's not a case of what goes around comes around he didn't give a shit either lol.

Thanks for the feedback anyway I'll look into what rights I have

once complained daily about a neighbours dog. Whining from 11 at night til 5 or 6 in the morning because he'd lock him in the house and go out all night and they didn't do nothing about his dog.I'm thinking what goes around comes around.....

Aye you think that. It is a different neighbour by the way The bloke in question locked the dog in all night nearly every night of the week while he went over to his birds house and trust me listening to that dog howling all hours of the night when there was a new born baby in my house is a totally different story. so it's not a case of what goes around comes around he didn't give a shit either lol.

Thanks for the feedback anyway I'll look into what rights I have

I wouldn't have put up with it either mate, I dunno if I'd have reported him though. I'd have had a word with him and progressed from there, still don't think the final outcome would have be to report him.

usually you will get a noise abatement notice from your local environmental control department, advising you a complaint has been received and telling you they will monitor the situation over the next 12 weeks, if more complaints are received they will then record the noise nuisance level if it breaks current guidelines they will seek a prosecution via the county court, a mate of mine had to move,roof and soundproof his kennels after 3 court appearances, the total cost to him in fines and materials,solicitors etc was over nine thousand pounds :yes: the best thing to do is to try to sort it out between yourself and the neighbours concerned, if its a council property then you may be in breech of your tenancy agreement as there is usually a noise and animal clause,

The pup will settle down soon anyway so let them waste their time installing the devices! My next door neighbours have a pair of Bichon Frise's, the barking is beyond a joke some days....every time i go out in the garden they're at the fence barking, they come out for a piss at daft o'clock on a morning and they're left out to bark underneath my bedroom window, get let out very late at night, sometimes 11pm then again at 2am and bark like hell. Ball ache.

Nowt worse than sone arm chair hunters rubbing rag barking

Not read a post from you on here that isn't having a dig at someone, what are you on here for?

Wtf is the obsession with this arm chair hunters thing?? Always said by lads sat at their pcs doing f**k all themselves :laugh: