New Pup Owner

Evening everyone, I'm new here so bear that in mind :)

I have a 12 week old Lakeland from working parents and although I didn't buy him to be a working dog I wouldn't mind if he was keen on the mice and stuff we get here. So my question is at what sort of age would he start to show an interest in those sort of things? If we get a Pheasant fly up on his little walks it gives him a bit of a fright although if he sees a bird sat he will run at it.

Just interested in when the natural instincts truly kick in.

Thanks.....

Hi mate, with mice he could start sniffing them out any time, mice caught her first about 18 weeks, then when she got her adult teeth circa 7-8 months she got her first rat. a lot of lakies self enter quite young.

good luck with him.

Evening everyone, I'm new here so bear that in mind :)

I have a 12 week old Lakeland from working parents and although I didn't buy him to be a working dog I wouldn't mind if he was keen on the mice and stuff we get here. So my question is at what sort of age would he start to show an interest in those sort of things? If we get a Pheasant fly up on his little walks it gives him a bit of a fright although if he sees a bird sat he will run at it.

Just interested in when the natural instincts truly kick in.

Thanks.....

same here mate have a lakeland bitch started her with live rat at about 6 months tears into them now