Best Ferreting Shovel

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best spade I have owned, had it over 10 seasons Folders or these little things don't hold a candle to this sort of spade.  

We used to take a bar with us,,, or rather one of the lads that came out with me did,,, he had a round mouth shovel that this bar attached to the back of,,, so you carried it all in one,,,, we used it

Bloody hell don't you guys have enough kit to carry around with you without having a selection of shovels and an iron bar...

Posted Images

Sometime a light garden spade is useful one with a square blade, better for cutting roots, when you are in hedges, although I usually have secateurs in my pocket a small folding saw in the bag also can be useful, but you have to think of weight.

the more equipment you take, the more you carry on the back.

• Like 1

We used to take a bar with us,,, or rather one of the lads that came out with me did,,, he had a round mouth shovel that this bar attached to the back of,,, so you carried it all in one,,,, we used it on a place that was always 4 foot pluss digs through rock and shale,,, fecking godsend it was... One thing we do always carry in a net bag is a folding saw,,, not only are these handy for cutting branches to get to a warren,,, or cutting slots in hedges to run a stop net,, or roots,,,, but you can often pull a rabbit out using them,,, you twist the teeth of the saw in to the fur of dead rabbit you can't otherwise reach,,

But it's easy to get over loaded with kit,,, even up on them fells some of my best days have been nothing more than two ferrets in a single box,,, the lurchers. And spade,,,no nets simples

• Like 2