.22 Lr Semi

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice quick way to get a H&C pointed at your head I would think.

CC Need to take a look at the CZ rimmy mate looks good on the photo lets see if you can shoot it as well as you did the Anchutz   O/P I cant praise the Rugar 10/22 high enough for a semi it will do

Well I think they are rather a good looking rifle,but whatever, if you like playing around and adding bits, a 10/22 is the best option, loads and loads of trick bits for them, and despite what some sa

Posted Images

CC Need to take a look at the CZ rimmy mate looks good on the photo lets see if you can shoot it as well as you did the Anchutz :D

O/P I cant praise the Rugar 10/22 high enough for a semi it will do everyhting you will need and its a very versitle rifle with many sensible upgrades (and some not so sensible rambo type ones). I piss myself laughing when I read coments from people who have never even seen one in a gun shop never mind fire one when they say "you cant hit a barn door with a 10/22"

Trust me I can and do hit rabbits regular with mine upto 80 yards. Although I have done longer but Im not one for those long shots after all its still a rim fire. :thumbs:

• Like 1

CC Need to take a look at the CZ rimmy mate looks good on the photo lets see if you can shoot it as well as you did the Anchutz :D

O/P I cant praise the Rugar 10/22 high enough for a semi it will do everyhting you will need and its a very versitle rifle with many sensible upgrades (and some not so sensible rambo type ones). I piss myself laughing when I read coments from people who have never even seen one in a gun shop never mind fire one when they say "you cant hit a barn door with a 10/22"

Trust me I can and do hit rabbits regular with mine upto 80 yards. Although I have done longer but Im not one for those long shots after all its still a rim fire. :thumbs:

What model have you got mate ? and what ammo ? does it cycle subs ?

I've seen some people say they are fine and other say THEY HAVE OWNED them and had nothing but trouble with them which puts me off slightly . If you do get one thats a dud then its a pain in the arse to shift on

What model have you got mate ? and what ammo ? does it cycle subs ?

I've seen some people say they are fine and other say THEY HAVE OWNED them and had nothing but trouble with them which puts me off slightly . If you do get one thats a dud then its a pain in the arse to shift on

It's a standard 10/22 which I bought several years ago. It's got a Parker hale mod and I replaced the bolt return pin with the plastic one to dampen the noise even further. The other mod I did was to alter the trigger as they are not very good from the factory and put a plastic hogue stock on it. I use Eley subs and the only time it jams is when the spent cartridge does not eject from the barrel (i.e the spent case is still stuck in the barrel), this is always down to the wax off the subs, when this happens I clean it. Thats the only time it gets cleaned.

If your paper punching buy something else if your rabbiting then it's perfect in my opinion.

CZ 511 without a doubt mate, solid accurate and dependable, or the new 512, but the old model is the best looker in my opinion.

Ha Ha, yeah, I'd actually say the CZ, but as for best looker...you ever heard of Specsavers!

Everyone rates the 10-22 :hmm::hmm::hmm:

CZ is definitely better and so too is the Anschutz out of the box, neither is likely to win any beauty contests but that is not what they are about.

You are not going to get anything much out of a Semi, and in truth very few people have a Genuine need for one over a Bolt, but some want one, why not, I have both.

As regards accuracy and reliability then this is a good as any, the trigger is useless but in punches tight enough groups and works.

£150 Brand new, threaded and open sights ready to go, I just added a bit to mine!

post-10759-0-57294300-1385022251_thumb.jpgpost-10759-0-43074900-1385022282_thumb.jpg

CZ 511 without a doubt mate, solid accurate and dependable, or the new 512, but the old model is the best looker in my opinion.

Ha Ha, yeah, I'd actually say the CZ, but as for best looker...you ever heard of Specsavers!

Well I think they are rather a good looking rifle,but whatever, if you like playing around and adding bits, a 10/22 is the best option, loads and loads of trick bits for them, and despite what some say they are an accurate rifle, but that standard trigger is like a kids cap gun trigger, that is a definite must do modification, if you want to shoot decent groups, and Seeker have no fear my friend, the bunnies will roll over :tongue2:

• Like 1

Hi:

22 semi's?

I've had a few, the best I've owned was an Anschutz 525, which I bought new in 1983, but also had a CZ and 10-22, as long as you shoot HV and

clean the action 'often' they are OK, and don't deserve the flak about misfires etc.

However for hunting a bolt action is always going to ace the semi, as you don't need the 'machine gun' facility, and a bolt will fire and cycle anything

you can buy.

But that said I only found that out by trying them all, why shouldn't you do the same?

AndyF

I've had a volquratsen (spelling?) conversion 10/22 which was top of the range on paper.... By that I mean for the amout it cost it should have been brilliant. Very accurate, fun to shoot and useful for a 'blink and you miss it' second shot at a rabbit against a hedgerow BUT.... When they start to jam.... To put it mildly It will piss you off. I hated it eventually, bought a cz452 and never looked back.