New Air Rifle Law ?

had a police firearms officer here today, whilst here, he said that as of 2 months ago, it is now illegal to carry an air rifle on a public street or in a public place, even if its in a proper locked guncase or gunbag ????

if stopped the rifle can, and will , be confiscated and the owner will not get it back !! he then went on to say it IS legal to carry the rifle to a car etc and transport it to the gunclub / permission etc .....

I dont know if this applies to just wales or not, as its the first ive heard of it before today ???

just thought i would let you guys know in case it applies to you too and you get your pride and joy taken away .... :icon_eek:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

like this barry? http://www.bigfishink.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/1aweird-machine-gun-bike.jpg

bull shit!

What if you don't drive?

bull shit!

as long as rifle is in bag/case and not loaded & any magazines you carry must be empty -it helps to carry a permission slip as to where your going with rifle /gun but its not a legal requirement

had a police firearms officer here today, whilst here, he said that as of 2 months ago, it is now illegal to carry an air rifle on a public street or in a public place, even if its in a proper locked guncase or gunbag ????

if stopped the rifle can, and will , be confiscated and the owner will not get it back !! he then went on to say it IS legal to carry the rifle to a car etc and transport it to the gunclub / permission etc .....

I dont know if this applies to just wales or not, as its the first ive heard of it before today ???

just thought i would let you guys know in case it applies to you too and you get your pride and joy taken away .... :icon_eek:

is this the same one that's posted on the bbs?

so if this is correct how do you use it (air rifle) if you cannot transport it to your permission....ps are you trying to say this applys if you haven't got a fac cert ?????????

no he said you can carry it to a car etc ... then transport it to the gunclub / permission etc but its now illegal to carry it ( or any rifle ) down a public road, even in a proper case or gunbag ???

thats why i thought i would ask you guys about it ... he checked my rifle and i explained it was sub 12 foot lb and that it needed no licence .... thats when he said aboutthe law changes?

Edited by acculead

I have a feeling he was just flexing his stuff or severely miss informed himself which is worrying. I have had a good look about and there isn't any amendments that have gone public as of yet.

its been posted on the bbs aswell so either its the same lad or the coppers been bullshitting more than one person.